GRE 107 i scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranger821

Premium Subscriber
Anyone out there using one of these. Thinking of using my Christmas gift card for one of these. I live in Ft. Walton Beach, Fl. Still analog here. EMS and fire have went to SLERS. Not able to hear them at all. Is this a good scanner to take on trips and just put in the zip code and you have the local stuff there for the listening? Does it do good on trunking frequencies? I know it's out of production and will buy a new on instead of a refurb.

mikey60

The 107 doesn't do programming via Zip code. The radio is analog only so depending on where you're traveling to, it may not pick up anything.

Mike

N8IAA

Anyone out there using one of these. Thinking of using my Christmas gift card for one of these. I live in Ft. Walton Beach, Fl. Still analog here. EMS and fire have went to SLERS. Not able to hear them at all. Is this a good scanner to take on trips and just put in the zip code and you have the local stuff there for the listening? Does it do good on trunking frequencies? I know it's out of production and will buy a new on instead of a refurb.

That is actually a RS Pro-107. The GRE version is the PSR-700. I have the GRE version, and no, it doesn't do the zip code like the HP-1. As Mike posted, it is an analog trunk tracking scanner. You can put different areas in the Scan Lists and manually change the lists as you travel. It is a bit of a battery hog with the backlight on. Advise you use the included USB cable and a DC adapter to run it with the backlight on.
HTH,
Larry

N8IAA

Will do your county without a problem. Also, anywhere you go that has analog conventional and analog trunking systems.
Larry

Nasby

Its a fun, easy to use scanner. It performs very well on analog systems. As long as you keep the SD card up to date, you can use the scanner while traveling. Just select the state, then the city or county and upload it to the scanner.

BUT. It won't do digital. So as others mentioned, you may not hear anything depending on where you are and what type of radio system is in use there.

The database here in Radioreference has all the info on various radio systems throughout the country.

bkantor

I have had one for several years and it is a lot of fun to travel with (also less nervous traveling with this radio rather than my more expensive ones). You do have to program by state/county, but once you get the hang of it, it is easy to update for any area you are in. There are still plenty of analog signals out there, and mine is quite sensitive. Update it regularly and enjoy!
Bob

sneumann55

WA2FSO
Premium Subscriber
I have one

I have one RS pro 107 in the classifieds, May be able to work with you on price, PM me, Its in great condition, i just went to a smaller area and use a Baofeng for my listening on the roads, Steve

ranger821

Premium Subscriber
Had to change plans. No more scanners for now. Thought the wife would want a scanner she can program herself. She said we will use the ones we have. Oh Well!!!

John

Status
Not open for further replies.