GRE at CES

Status
Not open for further replies.

don333

I was looking through the CES website for the convention beginning on Tuesday and saw that GRE will have a booth there. Hopefully, they will be able to let us know if there is going to be a firmware update for PSR 500/600 similar to the one Uniden is planning to address the simulcast problems. Also, I noticed there was listing for a Uniden booth.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'd love to be a fly on the wall so I could take notes! :D

n9zas

Kel

I usually attend the show but will not be there this year,it would be nice to know if there is going to be a PSR 900 sometime in the future,althoughI did talk to a employee on the phone and he still maintains it is in the plans,I guess time will tell.

bigcam406

if anyone on here is going,hopefully they will relay the info for us.im interested in what they will have on display and any info on future products.heres hoping...

scannersnstuff

i volunteer to go to the show. i'll do my impersonation of Gallagher. i'll smash my psr-120 with a hammer.
no big friggin' loss. i'll do it for free.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
i volunteer to go to the show. i'll do my impersonation of Gallagher. i'll smash my psr-120 with a hammer.
no big friggin' loss. i'll do it for free.

What? Why not sacrifice a harris, and take bets on the number of pieces? :twisted:

n9zas

bgav

I know someone who is going and asked them to stop by and ask a few questions. If I hear anything I'll pass it along.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
PSR-600 Updates

I understand some railroads have already gone to the NXDN digital protocol in the southwest Union Pacific in Nevada). I'd sure like to hear something positive about a firmware update to decode the NXDN protocol.

mlmummert

I understand some railroads have already gone to the NXDN digital protocol in the southwest Union Pacific in Nevada). I'd sure like to hear something positive about a firmware update to decode the NXDN protocol.

I don't think you're going to get a whole new mode from a firmware update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bgav

I just heard back from the person I know attending CES. He asked the guys at the GRE booth about any knowledge of future production. They either didn't know anything or were being very tight lipped. It was small booth.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

romanr

GRE at CES 2013

When I went past the GRe booth Thursday afternoon, there was nothing there. No equipment, no people - just empty tables.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
When I went past the GRe booth Thursday afternoon, there was nothing there. No equipment, no people - just empty tables.

What kind of tables ?
Where they p25 phase 2
Model 900 tables ?

Just kidding !

mikev

Many times, companies go to CES with certain agendas/plans. Keep in mind that the show is not open to the general public, only individuals with some sort of affiliation with the Consumer Electronics industry. They may have had the meetings they needed to have, talked to the people they needed to talk to, and rather than continue to spend money on hotels and whatever else, they returned home, saving money. The show is four days long (Monday-Thursday)... I'm sure their booth wasn't the only empty one on the last day of the show.

jhooten

Take into consideration the booths for the next show sell out before the current show is over. GRE reserved and paid for the booth before all the drama. They probably would have been better off to rent it to someone else if allowed.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
It looks like they had another table across from the Alinco products that the videographer did not get close to...

OHIOSCAN

GRE should try KICKSTARTER

Maybe GRE could do a Kickstarter project, got to be some place that could build these things. I wonder if all those damn scanner apps have killed the high profit low end market. Those kinds of markets often fund the higher end products. Casual scanner buyers like grandma and the NASCAR crowd don't need or want 900's they want cheap easy to use radios or apps. I am sure smaller runs would cost a lot more but it's not like we have many alternatives.

Mike

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Seeing as a new PSR 800 firmware update was released today, I am not sure how you can say RIP GRE. Seems to me someone somewhere is still working.

Status
Not open for further replies.