gre psr-120 mini review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannersnstuff

when i first got my new gre psr-120, i was really looking forward to doing a review. that was about a month past. well here goes.

instructions for using the psr-120:

1. open box.
2.put in batteries.
3.attach antenna.
4.throw POS in garbage.
5.circumvent steps 1-4, and buy the uniden bc125at instead.

i really HATE this scanner. here are the few nice things about it. nice package,loud,big display,conservative on batteries. the rest is pretty much all bad. almost no useable squelch function,front end overload galore,tiny keys,stiff keys,no attenuator feature,cannot even compete with the oldest/cheapest scanners for receiving nearby signals.is equally useless for searching and spectrumsweeping. see my comment's in the post psr-120 release thread.

unless you really want to be disappointed,don't buy this thing !.

SquierStrat

you're definitely not the first person ive seen complain about the squelch on this radio. I had my reservations about it, and sure enough, i seem to have been right.

I would love to pick up a bc125at if enough people could guarantee me that i wouldnt miss the first half second of every transmission, with DPL tones enabled. Like i do on the 396xt (and my previous 346xt, and radio shack pro 160).. If it wasnt for that i would without a doubt own more unidens

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
,no attenuator feature,cannot even compete with the oldest/cheapest scanners for receiving nearby signals.is equally useless for searching and spectrumsweeping. see my comment's in the post psr-120 release thread.

The scanner DOES have attenuation, but it's per channel only. (Hit Function + 6) It is still the worst scanner I have ever owned. A Baofeng has better receive! The worst scanner GRE put out IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.