GRE Psr-295 handheld, Software question ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakemcgraw

I just bought a new Psr-295 handheld scanner made by GRE, but didnt receive it yet,, apparently this is an import version of the PRO-95 R.S. version, but without trunking,,My question is: Will the Win95 software work on the Psr-295 Gre Model as well ?....Thank's in advance.................Les.

SAR923

Well, it's not a UK version of the Pro-95 since it has CTCSS/DCS and milair. If anything, it looks like a Pro-97 but without trunking. Don can answer your question better than me but I'd be amazed if Win95 would work with this radio.

SAR923

It's sold in the UK by GRE but has no relationship to the Pro-95, or any GRE scanner sold in the US. As I said, it has CTCSS and milair, something the Pro-95 didn't have, and the form factor is that of a much newer radio. As Don has indicated, he apparently agrees that the guts don't match a Pro-95 either.

I'm curious why you even want this radio. At current exchange rates, it would cost over $270 exclusive of handling and shipping. The Pro-97 and PSR-300 are much more capable radios and can be had for much less than that.

Jakemcgraw

SAR2401 said:
It's sold in the UK by GRE but has no relationship to the Pro-95, or any GRE scanner sold in the US. As I said, it has CTCSS and milair, something the Pro-95 didn't have, and the form factor is that of a much newer radio. As Don has indicated, he apparently agrees that the guts don't match a Pro-95 either.

I'm curious why you even want this radio. At current exchange rates, it would cost over $270 exclusive of handling and shipping. The Pro-97 and PSR-300 are much more capable radios and can be had for much less than that.
I don't need trunking, and liked the features of the PSR-295, I have the PRO-95 also....But I did get a deal i figured on the Psr-295, brand new , with shipping $124.00 total .....I'm pretty good at hand programming, I was just curious about the software..................Les.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.