• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

GRE PSR-500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need keypad parts for my scanner. I hit the #3 on the keypad and it got stuck on entering 33333333333333... anyone know of a supplier? Thx DorSlv.

I do not think that Key pad will work on a GRE PSR-500. The 106/651/1040 configuration is different - Speaker on bottom of face plate and Sel button more square. PSR-500 has speaker on top and SEL button more oval.

You probably do not require a new keypad.

Over time the material glued on the bottom of each key which makes contact with the circuit board gets old and flakes off. These flakes can cause a short (button to get stuck) on the circuit board. If you open the scanner and take out the keypad you can blow out the flakes that are shorting the circuit board. Most likely it will continue working many years afterward without further problems. If a button on the keypad stops working altogether there are people that sell keypad repair glue on e-Bay at times. You simply apply some to the keypad buttons to repair the contacts which have worn out and flaked off.

Shawn

YOU DA THE MAN!!!

Shawn, MANY MANY THANKS!!! You da man, YOU DA MAN! it lives! I SAY AGAIN MY PSR-500, IT LIVES!!!!!!!
Dorian

Status
Not open for further replies.