Great America Codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2FMI

Lots of interesting listening at Great America in Santa Clara. Anyone have any info on what their 10-codes are?
thanks in advance!

baptistjcat

I have listend to security in the past. If i remember correctly they used standard 10 codes.

Stealthguy05

Premium Subscriber
Listening in, it sounds like standard 10-code. Also seems like their call signs mimic Santa Clara PD. I wonder if they are trained by them.

b52hbuff

I am curious what frequency/tone you're monitoring to hear Great America Security.

I know there are frequencies/tones here:
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=5850

...but I just got back from a monitoring session with my HP-1. I'll submit an update next week. But there were some changes from this 2016 data, and some changes from what I had monitored before...

490.1625 was totally dead. The database had it marked with a 146.2Hz tone. I had it with 141.3Hz. After a lot of silence, I took off the tone and put the frequency in tone search and didn't hear a thing.

I did hear "Security 2 / Chat" on 462.0/156.7Hz (db has it as 162.2Hz). But no other security. It makes me wonder if they've moved security dispatch somewhere else? The user mentioned something about telling Security 1 and 3. So there are presumably two more security channels.

I took a look at the licenses and didn't see anything new. Maybe Security transitioned to DMR?

Does anyone have any information about what is going on with radios at Great America?

Last edited:

b52hbuff

Looks like Great America got a radio upgrade. Opened the park this morning and noticed that there were a box of Motorola radios at the bag check desk. Looks like the security folks have a different radio than everyone else. This correlates to what I heard on the air. All of the other users/channels are analog.

I've scanned all of the unused frequencies for all of the other licenses with my shiny SDS100 (with Mototrbo) upgrade, and I haven't heard anything. I've also searched the Levi's/49er stadium to see if they might be sharing time on that system. Didn't hear anything there either.

Given that Great America isn't likely to use unlicensed frequencies, I'm guessing that they may have gotten rental radios for their security staff.

Eng74

I know a couple security supervisors who work the 49ers games. I will I ask them in two weeks if they know anything.

b52hbuff

Don't know where you got that info. Its not owned by the city.

Side note, this license was just modified .
ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQVM787 - Cedar Fair

Thanks for the information. This is handy information to have... ;)

Remind me, how long does it take to have this information propagate into the FCC reports? Because when I look for one of the frequencies:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?freq=461.075&action=sf&stid=6

...it doesn't show that Cedar Fair has a license for it.

Eng74

Don't know where you got that info. Its not owned by the city.

Side note, this license was just modified .
ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQVM787 - Cedar Fair

Yes the City owns Great America, it is leased to Cedar Fair. That's why the park shuts down when there is a 49ers game. Before Levi's Stadium opened Cedar Fair was claiming that they would lose too much money so the City wanted Cedar Fair to open the books since what they were saying was more than what they were claiming they made in the past.

kma371

QRT
Yes the City owns Great America, it is leased to Cedar Fair. That's why the park shuts down when there is a 49ers game. Before Levi's Stadium opened Cedar Fair was claiming that they would lose too much money so the City wanted Cedar Fair to open the books since what they were saying was more than what they were claiming they made in the past.

That was just an agreement they made when they sued. City owns the land, Cedar Fair owns and operates the park.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2012/01...49ers-stadium-in-santa-clara-for-a-big-price/

Status
Not open for further replies.