• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Great Job Mr. Carter LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hamas leader: No plans to recognize Israel

— After talks with former U.S. President Jimmy Carter, Hamas’ exiled leader Khalid Meshaal said Monday the militant group has no plans to recognize Israel.

“We agree on the (Palestinian) state with the borders of June 4, 1967, Jerusalem as its capital, fully sovereign without settlements, the right of return, but without the recognition of Israel,” Meshaal said at a news conference in Damascus, Syria.

Earlier in the day, Carter said that Hamas is prepared to accept peace with Israel if the Palestinian people approve any agreement that may be negotiated with the Jewish state.

Carter’s series of meetings with top Hamas officials this past week have drawn condemnation from the U.S. and Israeli governments. They have criticized him for engaging in diplomacy with a group that both governments consider a terrorist organization.

mciupa

DB Administrator
Down with Carter ! Down with Shah ! Down with Carter ! Down with Shah !
It's like 1979 again. :roll:

Last edited:

RodStrong

ScanDaBands said:
remember Billy Beer !!!!
My dad actually has an unopened six pack of Billy Beer that will be passed down to me some day.

I wonder how much of our tax dollars it cost for Carter's secret service detail to protect him on such a hopeless trip. Probably tons more than we think.

DocDaddy

I have a case of Billy Beer and a case of JR Beer both still have the six-pack plastic holders on them. They are in perfect shape. Would let them go if anyone is interested.

red8

Scan,
when the good :Lord was handing out the brains, Jimmy thought trains and tooke the next to Plains. I can't believe the American people voted for him. His failed policies have made us the laughing stock of the world.
red8

ibagli

Premium Subscriber
"When I look at my four children sometimes I say to myself, Lillian, you should have stayed a virgin."
-"Miz Lillian" Carter (Jimmy Carter's mother)

mikepdx

RodStrong said:
I wonder how much of our tax dollars it cost for Carter's secret service detail to protect him on such a hopeless trip. Probably tons more than we think.
In 1997, Congressional legislation became effective limiting Secret Service protection to former presidents for a period of not more than 10 years from the date the former president leaves office.

source:
http://www.secretservice.gov/protection.shtml

Does it apply retroactively though??
For obvious reasons the USSS site doesn't have a list of who they protect.

Last edited:

n4yek

mikepdx said:
In 1997, Congressional legislation became effective limiting Secret Service protection to former presidents for a period of not more than 10 years from the date the former president leaves office.

source:
http://www.secretservice.gov/protection.shtml

Does it apply retroactively though??
For obvious reasons the USSS site doesn't have a list of who they protect.
It is my understanding, that the Presidents prior to that resolution do not apply. Clinton was the LAST president that will be able to keep his Secret Service for the rest of his life. Bush will lose his after 10 years of leaving office.

jimyleg

n4yek said:
It is my understanding, that the Presidents prior to that resolution do not apply. Clinton was the LAST president that will be able to keep his Secret Service for the rest of his life. Bush will lose his after 10 years of leaving office.
ha! I bet he'll hire some though no doubt.. If he hasnt already..

zz0468

I have to admire Carter for doing this. Like it or not, we have to learn to deal with those people. We can deal with them by shooting at 'em, which will only serve to alienate MORE of them, or we can talk with them and see it there's a better way. What we - and Israel - are doing is not working. It's time to pull our collective heads out of our collective asses, and try to find a solution that actually works.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.