Greater Orlando Aviation Authority on 169.6625 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edweirdFL

So far I'm pretty sure what I am hearing on 169.6625 NAC 292h P25 is a dispatcher that ID's as "GOAA Comm" with alerts for fire and medical folks to terminals and gates within the Orlando International Airport. Just the alerts, never any responses so traffic is pretty light. I also heard a runway was closed announcement.

It's not listed here or in databases and I'm wondering why a civil authority is on what I would assume is a federal frequency allocation. I'd also assume that my location is far enough away that I'm not hearing an image of another frequency.

Any one else hearing this, or able to shed some light upon it?

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
That would be TSA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what he said...sorta the NAC is 292, which should be "INS" (cough CBP/DHS). They re-broadcast some of the med/fire calls on this channel for use by the uniformed customs types walking around the airport. Usually these re-broadcasts are in the clear.

doug

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
I did the installs and PMs nationwide for TSA when they switched to BK RELM Radios. So that’s how I know what that would be.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
I did the installs and PMs nationwide for TSA when they switched to BK RELM Radios. So that’s how I know what that would be.

This one is 100% most definitely NOT TSA at Orlando International Airport. Batdude is on the money here.

ecps92

Bingo on CBP, this is the Orlando POE Repeater at Yeehaw Junction

There is, however a patch using $202 to the Fire Dept 800 TRS

what he said...sorta the NAC is 292, which should be "INS" (cough CBP/DHS). They re-broadcast some of the med/fire calls on this channel for use by the uniformed customs types walking around the airport. Usually these re-broadcasts are in the clear.

doug

batdude

here is my list. it's not 100%.... but I've been told on good authority that ... "this is pretty good".

Attachments

• central florida federal frequencies.pdf
    710.2 KB · Views: 68

batdude

i am not going to disagree with the post about the location of the 169.6625 / NAC 292 repeater.

but.

My notes, and my experience based on hearing comms on this freq - is that this repeater is either *AT* or *SERVES* KMCO airport. I have heard units dispatched to KMCO gates (for instance, during medical emergencies, etc.) --- so YMMV I suppose. The repeater I show associated with the "YeeHaw Junction" area is Kenansville - which is 170.9875 NAC 304.

Again, I am not tossing rocks here. My experience with that particular freq is just different than what has been posted.

regards,

doug

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
169.6625 NAC 292 is the CBP ORL POE Repeater.

179.9875 NAC 304 is the CBP ORL MELBOURNE repeater which is part of the wide-area Orlando cluster consisting of Deerpark, Orange City, Orlando IAP, Fort Drum, Daytona, Orlando and Melbourne. They all use the same input frequency and NAC and vote scan the above in the subscribers.

edweirdFL

Thanks for everyone's replies. I'd already submitted it as an update to the database as TSA at MCO with a simulcast from GOAA before the last of the replies here were posted. I can see how an antenna on a tall tower would provide a better signal up here in Daytona Beach than a roof level one at the airport, but all of the content I heard was airport focused. I won't be triggered if someone updates it (or anything I've submitted) with info that's more up to date and/or factually correct.

Batdude, thanks for sharing your list. It helped me with or confirmed a couple others I've logged.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Thanks for everyone's replies. I'd already submitted it as an update to the database as TSA at MCO with a simulcast from GOAA before the last of the replies here were posted. I can see how an antenna on a tall tower would provide a better signal up here in Daytona Beach than a roof level one at the airport, but all of the content I heard was airport focused. I won't be triggered if someone updates it (or anything I've submitted) with info that's more up to date and/or factually correct.

Batdude, thanks for sharing your list. It helped me with or confirmed a couple others I've logged.

My data is accurate.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
169.6625 NAC 292 is the CBP ORL POE Repeater.

179.9875 NAC 304 is the CBP ORL MELBOURNE repeater which is part of the wide-area Orlando cluster consisting of Deerpark, Orange City, Orlando IAP, Fort Drum, Daytona, Orlando and Melbourne. They all use the same input frequency and NAC and vote scan the above in the subscribers.
Without revealing details, what Signal-Zero has posted is 100% iron clad, not guesses or speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.