Greeneville PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfhtm350

Greeneville PD's freq is 154.7250 - 151.4PL. I was fumbling around with my scanner and found the same frequency (154.7250) with a 162.2PL. Low and behold it too is Greeneville PD or the County Sheriffs. So i figured it was the same talk on 2 different repeaters with different PL codes. That is not so, because i waited for one to talk and swithed to the other PL code and nothing.

Does anyone know for a fact what is what here? Is one a talkaround code on the same freq? Maybe someone in that area can monitor better than me and firgure out what is what.

appalachianscanner

Premium Subscriber
It should be Haywood Co, NC SO ch 2 (151.4) , not too far away

the 162.2 one should be Greene Co, ive yet to figure out whos who, it appears city and county share that repeater

jfhtm350

I can pick up Madison County Fire channel which is just north of Haywood and i see there is a western repeater for Haywood Co NC Sheriff, which is a possibility that i could pick it up.

I know Greene Co has to be 162.2PL because they were talking about a certain address on Tusculum Blvd which is in Greeneville. The database says Greeneville PD is 151.4PL and I'm gonna say it is wrong and supposed to be 162.2 and Haywood Co Sheriff is 151.4.

Looks like Greene Co TN and Haywood Co NC is nearly side by side and looks like they would have alot of interference with one another on the same frequency if they talked at the same time.

Maybe someone can confirm Greenevilles frequency and PL code(s). I will listen and see what i can distinquish also although the signal comes and goes here where I live.

EZlistener

Premium Subscriber
I live in eastern Knox County and monitor with a pole mont 45' discone. Very good reception of Greene Co and into WNC. 162.2 traffic is Greenville/Greene County with 153.740 input. 151.4 is Haywood with 159.030 input. Yes, this is usually too close for co-channel licensing, but I seem to remember that Haywood inadvertently failed to renew once and Greene appeared on the air. It is possible to receive both systems in CSQ mode, but narrowbanding might take care of this as it tends to reduce coverage if all else remains same.

jfhtm350

Yes Ive been listening to the 162.2PL and that is definately Greeneville. The 151.4PL is not coming in at all so i really cant say who that is but more than likely it is Haywood County like you say. Just comes in as the wind blows it this way i guess.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Database has been updated. Any confirmation of other PL's would be appreciated.

Down that way several times a year on business.

jfhtm350

I dont know but i would say those other 151.4 PL codes are not right either. Looks like Greeneville has those frequencies but its THP mutual aid frequencies. If thats the case then those would be hard to confirm unless you get a car chase going through Greene County.

Status
Not open for further replies.