Greenfield Fire Tone-out codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomasclb

Does anyone know the greenfield fire tone-out codes? I cant find them where i work, or havent found the right person to ask and i need my pager to be working.....

Viper43

They won't give the tones out except through the sheriffs Dept. to specific people. I have them and can't give them out, which was the only way i could get them. You need to talk to the person at the Sheriffs Dept. in charge of communications, I don't have his name or email on this computer or I'd PM you with his info.

K9WG

OK, so educate me. What are 'Tone-out codes' and how does the FD use them. From what I can see they are used to activate receivers/pagers. Is there a different tone for each fire house? apparatus? person?

Dispatch2323

Premium Subscriber
A little off topic but...does Greenfield Fire have plans to move to 800 soon

Viper43

K9WG,
The tones are used to set off station alerts, pagers, and even the fire sirens. Yes, each station has different tones, and officers also have seperate tones the county uses to page them for other things. All police and the coroners in the county can also be paged through the same type of setup.

Dispatch2323 - I haven't heard of any plans to go 800 with any department in the county. Not to say they won't though at some juncture. All trucks have 800 capability as do certain officers on each department. Some on scene comms between officers may be found on 800 on occasion.
One department - Fountaintown does use 800 often though, but thats due to the fact many of their calls are in Shelby Co. On occasion you will hear them call Hancock Co. on 800 to let them know they are responding to Shelby Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.