• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Greenfield Fire Tone-out codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won't give the tones out except through the sheriffs Dept. to specific people. I have them and can't give them out, which was the only way i could get them. You need to talk to the person at the Sheriffs Dept. in charge of communications, I don't have his name or email on this computer or I'd PM you with his info.

OK, so educate me. What are 'Tone-out codes' and how does the FD use them. From what I can see they are used to activate receivers/pagers. Is there a different tone for each fire house? apparatus? person?

K9WG,
The tones are used to set off station alerts, pagers, and even the fire sirens. Yes, each station has different tones, and officers also have seperate tones the county uses to page them for other things. All police and the coroners in the county can also be paged through the same type of setup.

Dispatch2323 - I haven't heard of any plans to go 800 with any department in the county. Not to say they won't though at some juncture. All trucks have 800 capability as do certain officers on each department. Some on scene comms between officers may be found on 800 on occasion.
One department - Fountaintown does use 800 often though, but thats due to the fact many of their calls are in Shelby Co. On occasion you will hear them call Hancock Co. on 800 to let them know they are responding to Shelby Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.