Greenville County EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki4rdl

Premium Subscriber
Greenville County EMS has switched from 462.950 to Palmetto 800 Talk group 44065. And went back to tone out with quick call 2. I haven't heard if they have a tac on there yet like 462.975. I live near caesars head so when I monitor it I only hear SC Highway patrol, Greenville County EMS and The greenville county sheriff's office.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Thanks. That information has been added to the database.. There is a similar discussion already taking place in the thread below regarding Greenville Co Sheriff.

JamesBrown34

I don’t know if my poor beloved scanner has died or not, but I was able to hear GCSO once the other night after updating it but am no longer able to hear anything? I’m not hearing any traffic? Grecom PSR-800. Anyone else having issues? I’m located in Northern Greenville County. Haven’t been able to hear any EMS traffic.

mlindler

Premium Subscriber
@JamesBrown34 You should, but with the simulcast system, it will be difficult without upgrading to an SDS series radio or going to a commercial series like Unication.

rescuecomm

Did EMS go with multiband radios? I saw a couple of Medics come in the Chick Fil Lay in TR with new looking yellow handhelds and speaker mics on Friday.

I'm listening to the Paris Mtn site and seem to be okay with the simulcast rf.

Bob

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Opinions on whether to mark the "old' UHF EMS channels as deprecated in the database?

I marked the UHF Sheriff office channels as deprecated very soon after they switched to UHF, but now I read that there is still some use of the UHF channels. Did the SO also adopt dual-band radios, or did they not yet remove UHF radios from cars?

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
UHF is still in both SO and EMS for the time being.
Agreed, though it seems most have moved to the 800 system, But still hearing comms from EMS and Sheriff on the old UHF frequencies.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
460.550 for the Sheriff has been busy the last few days.

rescuecomm

The Greenville County Medics had radios that matched the form factor for the APX6000 although the APX8000 looks the same from a distance. I keep 462.950 (MED 9) in my Kenwood dual band mobile and have not heard anything on it since the switch over.

(GROAN) It does appear now that my next radio purchase will be a P25 scanner for the car instead of a DMR mobile radio.

Bob

mckinscan

Feed Provider
Did Greenville EMS go back using it other Tones again as sometimes i hear the newer tones and other times i hear the QuickCall Tones

WY0GI

I have a BCD996XT, had it for awhile. Just trying to figure out the programming. My Greenville channels on my Pro 43 have been quiet, but it looks like multiple Greenville units are all on 860.8375 & 859.9875.

Status
Not open for further replies.