Greetings Radiogods

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridgescan

Hey all- hoping to not anger anybody but I couldn't find a "new members" spot to introduce myself. This is Frank, I have a kingsize affinity for radio communications. My scanner is the Uniden BC785D. I hope to learn a lot in this forum-so with that I respectfully stand by 73s

ridgescan

Righton and thank you! By the way being here inspired me to bust out an old friend from the radio closet-my 1989 Regency turbo-scan 800..man she's still working fine although the button pad took awhile to warm up. This particular unit wasn't blocked for cellphones back then-I was getting it all!!! Ahh, those days are gone..I snuck a search 889.98-925.0mhz. nada..a virtual desert now. 7s

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi Ridge,

You addressed the radio gods and you got one. You may call me Golden Boy, the genius of electricity. I'm just SO good AT&T erected a statue in my honor so you may worship me. Welcome.

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
kb2vxa said:
Hi Ridge,

You addressed the radio gods and you got one. You may call me Golden Boy, the genius of electricity. I'm just SO good AT&T erected a statue in my honor so you may worship me. Welcome.

You're really try to pull N_Jay out of the woodwork! :wink:

Welcome to Radio Reference ridgescan! :) Please excuse my little inside joke with kb2vxa.

ridgescan

Well fantastic Pal! We don't bow to anyone-however I look forward to learning a lot from you guys here. The Our Fathers and Hail Marys--automatic in this house..I'll throw in a couple for you too.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"You're really try to pull N_Jay out of the woodwork."

Nah, he eloped with Receiver Beaver and by now they're in too deep for extraction.

"We don't bow to anyone-however I look forward to learning a lot from you guys here."

The first thing you have learned is I'm RR's official Joker In Residence. You have also learned when you walk with eyes closed you bump into things, mostly me. To put it another way, careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

Yup, you'll learn here, if nothing else you will learn to obey.

Last edited:

fineshot1

ridgescan said:
Why are you being nasty-I just started here. I was showing the forum respect. Is there a problem with that?

You really must excuse Warren. He suffers from Alzheimers and often thinks he is someone he is not. LOL!

xpawel15x

ridgescan said:
Hey all- hoping to not anger anybody but I couldn't find a "new members" spot to introduce myself. This is Frank, I have a kingsize affinity for radio communications. My scanner is the Uniden BC785D. I hope to learn a lot in this forum-so with that I respectfully stand by 73s

Welcome aboard, we can always use another member!

ridgescan

Thank you both. I came here to learn more stuff-looking forward to it. As far as Warren, I didn't say anything wrong and I didn't ask for trouble. Everyone can see that. I know it's hard to judge demeanor within text..however when compared to the other friendly responses to me it's not hard to see his rudeness. I'm offended. But I'll live. Warren- kindly explain the humor in dogging a newcomer like you did. I'd also like to know why the moderaters as well as others on this forum are allowing this thuggy crap to happen. Thanks 73s

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
Warren generally means no ill will, and his sense of humor can be very hard to read sometimes. Don't lose any sleep over it ... none of us do. :D

ridgescan

Nice that you know him- I don't. I came here because of my passion for radios and he wasted no time in coming at me like a punk! Did he do that to you too? Well, enough said. I will heed your wise advice and join you in tolerating "Warren's humor"...on to better stuff-thanks 187--

Status
Not open for further replies.