Groton PD on CSERN ... But Not Troop E As CSERN Doesn't Work In Troop E Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
There is no Troop E TG for CSERN yet, as CSERN does not yet reliably work in Troop E ... however Groton Town Police now have a TG on CSERN.

Groton Town PD's TG is 15901 ... and ... it is TDMA. The only TDMA TG on CSERN

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Was there a question in your post? :unsure:

Anyway, Troop E covers a much wider area than Groton does. If one of the simulcast subsites is in or right outside of Groton, coverage would be fine for them. I'm quite sure that they would not switch to a system that had lousy coverage for them.

sefrischling

Not sure if it was a question ... but I just find it odd that Troop E has no TG because CSP doesn't yet believe the new system is viable for the Troop at this time, yet Groton Town is on the system. Also odd that Groton is the only TDMA TG on the whole system.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what you mean by Troop E not having a talkgroup, they are 201 for E DISP 1 and 203 for E DISP 2. I have heard them the few times I have been down there and monitoring the 700 sites.
If you are using the RR database for programming your radios, it simply doesn't have Troop E in the database.
Also, they show the current 800 MHz Motorola control channel and secondary control channel as secondary control channels for the 700 system. Since there is a 24/7 signal on the active 800MHz CC, be sure your scanner isn't slowing down to check for a P25 signal every pass through.
I have left them out of my programming until the legacy system is shut down.

chris

sefrischling

CG

When I had asked, I was informed that Troop E had not yet been assigned a TG due to issues with coverage in the Troop.

thom

Premium Subscriber
Strangely I pick up Groton Town on the Haddam site. Their old system , 853.400, seems to be dead at this time.

thom

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I heard Groton Pd on the Troop E later this morning just after I submitted the reply. I have been receiving Groton all the time on the Haddam site but it seems to be sporadic on the Troop E site at my location.

tpp517

Premium Subscriber
I'm aware of that I was simply letting thom know it was working in Waterford, thank you.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
Strangely I pick up Groton Town on the Haddam site. Their old system , 853.400, seems to be dead at this time.
I logged some Groton traffic on the Avon site yesterday. I'm guessign a radio maybe affiliated but not sure.

cookandcamera

I see that this question was asked, but I don't see the answer anywhere. I am hearing plenty of traffic on CSERN including Troop E.

In order to hear Groton, I will need a Phase II scanner? Groton Town has gone dark on my 396xt.

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
Just looking for confirmation
I see that this question was asked, but I don't see the answer anywhere. I am hearing plenty of traffic on CSERN including Troop E.

In order to hear Groton, I will need a Phase II scanner? Groton Town has gone dark on my 396xt.

Correct, CSP is still Phase 1 for now, however Groton is Phase 2 and requires a phase 2 scanner to monitor them.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Why would any Groton radio be affiliated with anything in Avon?
No idea. But i got hits on the Groton PD TG for a few hours.

Maybe the person who is working on the Groton system lives up towards Avon way and had it installed on that site so he / she could listen in. maybe to make sure it was working properly? This is CT, stranger things have happened! :cool::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.