Groton PD on CSERN ... But Not Troop E As CSERN Doesn't Work In Troop E Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brndnstffrd

Id say either Izzy's idea or it could have been someone from Groton picking up with a person with a warrant in custody or detained up there, or any other number of things.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Any talkgroup can be heard anywhere unless it is not allowed. All it needs is for a radio allowed on the system to affiliate at a site within the cell. That conversation would then be carried there.
Due to the limited number of frequencies, Troop Talkgroups are not allowed all over the state. But since there will be lots more talkpaths on the new system, many more conversations will be able to be on each cell. I would guess in areas that have more users (think municipal departments), down the road, limits could be needed again (if they are removed for the new system)

chris

samcken

Premium Subscriber
Is everyone hearing Groton clearly? I live in Groton and so far have heard at most 5 transmissions in a day. While the audio booms when it's clear, some of the calls go digital. I bought a trx-2 scratch and dent to cover phase 2, but so far, while everything else (and more) is better than before, Groton is a disappointment. I'm at default settings. Is there anything I can tweak to improve performance? (Listening to Colchester, at times it seems I only hear one side of the conversation).

scanner1

So, I am in close proximity to 2 towers on the 700 system. I'm using a BCD536HP, and I have the single control channel entered; 773.93125. I am experiencing the same performance as samcken. Also, I can watch the S meter on the scanner fluctuate between full bars and no bars. I find the reception of talk groups to be marginal at best. I have to wonder if the 536 is having trouble with the simulcast towers???

Keep in mind, Groton is TDMA, which I'm guessing is decoded differently then p25. I believe TDMA is also a narrower signal for the data to transmit on.

snowscout

City of Groton will be joining the TOG PD and GLP PD on the new system. Source info. from Groton Town Council Budget Meeting #6 - 4/16/19, right now live on Groton Municipal TV and YouTube.

snowscout

I would like to know also what is happening to samcken and scanner1! I've heard people having problems recently receiving a full signal or transmission from the new digital equipment being used for "Phase 2". Is it the scanners? Is it something the user has to adjust or is this something that you have live with until newer software upgrades or scanners come along?

samcken

Premium Subscriber
Up until now I've had no issues at all with phase 1. Or anything else for that matter. TOG is my first phase 2, and at the moment I consider it unreadable. The few moments it's clear it is pounding audio wise (enough to make you jump). It seems to often go digital when it starts clear. Other times it starts clear and just drops out. Troop E still and always has come in strong and clear (which I think is the same broadcast site). Groton now seems weather and time of day dependent. Not knowing the transmission setup, I wonder if the signal is swamping my trx or is it just to weak? Or the trx just can't decode it reliably?

thom

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed another new tag, 23701, that has popped up a few times on the Troop E site. It sounds like some other town's PD.

thom

Premium Subscriber
CG, I missed that Stonington was joining CSERN. I guess that makes sense with Groton right next door.

Doctordialtone, it comes in garbled at my location, I haven't been able to pick up any location.

thom

Premium Subscriber
So, when Norwich begins it's switch over to CSERN, I'm assuming their tag will be 20401.

Groton PD is clear right now but late night, early morning I need to attach my roof antenna to receive it.

thom

Premium Subscriber
Using the CT Tax Code formula: Groton Town Tax Code, 059/ PD Tag 15901, the first tax code digit changed from 0 to to 1
Stonington Tax Code, 137/ PD Tag 23701, the first tax code digit changed from 1 to 2
Norwich Tax Code, 104/ PD Tag 2301, the first tax code digit changed from 1 to 2
Along with CG, (See Post #31), I am just following a pattern. Who knows ?

Status
Not open for further replies.