• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Grounding a Wood beam Yagi

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my plans are to ground the coax cable through a grounding Block, but I don't know how to ground the antenna itself because it has a wood beam. The mass that it sits on top is also a wood post. Does anyone have any ideas?

FYI, I have grounding capabilities at my house, so that's not an issue. The issue is we are to attach the grounding lead to the antenna itself.

I've also posted a picture of the actual antenna below

https://imgur.com/a/dy6cx

Antennas aren't grounded but the NEC requires that a metal mast they are mounted to must be grounded. The NEC also requires that the coax shield must be grounded. Any external ground rods you add must be connected to your existing electrical ground. Check out the NEC for additional. Information. In your case if there is no metal mast you only need to ground the coax shield.
BB

Antennas aren't grounded but the NEC requires that a metal mast they are mounted to must be grounded. The NEC also requires that the coax shield must be grounded. Any external ground rods you add must be connected to your existing electrical ground. Check out the NEC for additional. Information. In your case if there is no metal mast you only need to ground the coax shield.
BB
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.