Grounding a Wood beam Yagi

Status
Not open for further replies.

brizzotheizzo

So my plans are to ground the coax cable through a grounding Block, but I don't know how to ground the antenna itself because it has a wood beam. The mass that it sits on top is also a wood post. Does anyone have any ideas?

FYI, I have grounding capabilities at my house, so that's not an issue. The issue is we are to attach the grounding lead to the antenna itself.

I've also posted a picture of the actual antenna below

https://imgur.com/a/dy6cx

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
Antennas aren't grounded but the NEC requires that a metal mast they are mounted to must be grounded. The NEC also requires that the coax shield must be grounded. Any external ground rods you add must be connected to your existing electrical ground. Check out the NEC for additional. Information. In your case if there is no metal mast you only need to ground the coax shield.
BB

brizzotheizzo

Antennas aren't grounded but the NEC requires that a metal mast they are mounted to must be grounded. The NEC also requires that the coax shield must be grounded. Any external ground rods you add must be connected to your existing electrical ground. Check out the NEC for additional. Information. In your case if there is no metal mast you only need to ground the coax shield.
BB

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.