Grundig G3 @ Radio Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD5SPJ

Yeah defiantly. I had just started listening to a tiny bit of SW when I got my Yaesu vx-6r and it got me interested in SWL and next thing I know I see this thread. Went by a RS on the way to a doctors appt and I figured I'd stop on the way back. I got the last one. Now I just need to set up an external antenna for it.
I use a 35ft copper wire soldered to the center conductor of a mini mono plug, and put that into the external antenna jack. Works killer.

jcherepy

Premium Subscriber
OK, so I went by the local RS in Snellville, GA and the young lady asked what I was looking for and I told her. She told me she had no idea what a shortwave radio was. I showed her two shelves of Grundigs and she said OK and walked off. RS has REALLY gone downhill.

BTW, there were no G3's.

Bill

KD5SPJ

OK, so I went by the local RS in Snellville, GA and the young lady asked what I was looking for and I told her. She told me she had no idea what a shortwave radio was. I showed her two shelves of Grundigs and she said OK and walked off. RS has REALLY gone downhill.

BTW, there were no G3's.

Bill

Completely, so much so they need to rename it Cel Phone Shack. Around here, and probably everywhere else, unless you know what you want and where it is and it isn't a celly then you need to go get it yourself. I had to REMIND the clerk that the G3 in his display was on nationwide closeout. It was marked at 69.95.

KD2DLL

Feed Provider
Okay I have a question, I have been tuning around in the ham bands on SSB and everything sounds really distorted, almost imposible to understand. Can anyone help by telling me what I am doing wrong?

KD5SPJ

Okay I have a question, I have been tuning around in the ham bands on SSB and everything sounds really distorted, almost imposible to understand. Can anyone help by telling me what I am doing wrong?
Don't use that key that says sync/ssb. Use the one above it that says U/LSB and there is a clarifyer on the right lower side of the radio to clarify them in. As you tap the U/LSB key, it alternates between LSB and USB, you'll be able to tell if it is in the right mode right away but generally, theyuse LSB.

Status
Not open for further replies.