Not open for further replies.

t7ri3g

Premium Subscriber
567 EMS CONE ED EMS Cone Emergency Department
571 WOMENS ED EMS Women's Hospital Emergency Department
573 HPRH ED EMS HPRH High Point Regional Emergency

NCFireman11

Premium Subscriber
There are some people that are submitting info to the database using the /16 method.

It should be known that not all talkgroups retained their orginal layout - so by making blanket submissions without verifying will result in screwed up database and thus scanners...

Only submit VERIFED information to the database.

Thanks

Based on my monitoring over the past month, the /16 method has been accurate for all active public safety & services TG's from the Type II system. The TG's that aren't listed for Greensboro services, events, A&T PD, Elon PD, FD TAC's, & EMS to Hospital all are valid using that method. Are you saying if I submit this info it will be rejected?

Last edited:

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Based on my monitoring over the past month, the /16 method has been accurate for all active public safety & services TG's from the Type II system. The TG's that aren't listed for Greensboro services, events, A&T PD, Elon PD, FD TAC's, & EMS to Hospital all are valid using that method. Are you saying if I submit this info it will be rejected?

There are multiple GPD/GCSD talkgroups that have changed names or been eliminated and the information for the Type II System wasn’t completely accurate to begin with. Also Elon PD is not even on the system anymore and hasn’t been for several years although there were a slew of talkgroups labeled Elon PD.

I think the point he is trying to make is to only submit stuff that is verified and known to be correct. For instance, someone submitted talkgroups 241 (ALARMS) and 383 (TECH SVCS) as Burlington talkgroups when in fact ALARMS is a GPD talkgroup and TECH SVCS is the Greensboro radio shop.

NCFireman11

Premium Subscriber
There are multiple GPD/GCSD talkgroups that have changed names or been eliminated and the information for the Type II System wasn’t completely accurate to begin with. Also Elon PD is not even on the system anymore and hasn’t been for several years although there were a slew of talkgroups labeled Elon PD.

I think the point he is trying to make is to only submit stuff that is verified and known to be correct. For instance, someone submitted talkgroups 241 (ALARMS) and 383 (TECH SVCS) as Burlington talkgroups when in fact ALARMS is a GPD talkgroup and TECH SVCS is the Greensboro radio shop.

10-4 on that. I found one of the Elon PD TG's from the Type II system (don't remember which one right off) that was law enforcement use but I guess isn't Elon PD. The FD TAC's, EMS to Hospital and several Greensboro services seem to match. I will submit what I can verify based on usage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.