• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Gun in a shack!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The one legit thing is the Herman Miller chair. Those are like $1500 and the most uncomfortable damn things you will ever sit in.
Thats a awesome chair, the most comfortable chair I have ever sat in. The Herman Miller Aeron is highly rated, and has won many awards. It's made in MI with a 12 year warranty from one of the top 100 company's to work for in the US. I love mine.

mancow

Database Admin
We have them at work and I find them to be kind of stiff and uncomfortable. You can't have a wallet in your pocket or that mesh will eat a hole in your pants in a week.

mm

It looks like 1/8th or maybe even 1/16th of Dave, N9CZV's, collection when used to live in Arizona.

Mike

I enlarged the picture some and see live linked ammo in one of the guns. There is no reason they could or would not be authentic and operational, its legal in most states except for the stupid one I live in.

I had a legal registered class III weapon for many years until I moved back here to the "everything that is fun is restricted or banned" state.
prcguy

This picture has come up elsewhere before and if memory serves, it's from Japan where it's OK to own "replicas" of guns but not the real thing. That's why the guns look so real and have no orange tips. I remember someone commenting that the hobby is quite demanding as to authenticity, so much so that a single replica can in fact be more expensive than the real thing.

gewecke

Banned
I enlarged the picture some and see live linked ammo in one of the guns. There is no reason they could or would not be authentic and operational, its legal in most states except for the stupid one I live in.

I had a legal registered class III weapon for many years until I moved back here to the "everything that is fun is restricted or banned" state.
prcguy
Ah, you must be one of us "illiannoyed in illinois" lol! (it might be banned but we still own em')!

n9zas

NSWESP

Premium Subscriber
The one legit thing is the Herman Miller chair. Those are like $1500 and the most uncomfortable damn things you will ever sit in.
I beg to differ, I have one at both my desks, the most insanely comfortable thing I have ever sat on!!

Hey PRCGuy I was going to say New Jersey, You are not alone.I was thinking of a new pistol So I started to price them, Then I found that Since I have not purchased in several years a new backround check and applying for a permit for hand gun cost several hundred. I will keep what I have..

E-Man

Banned
Guess I'm just shaped weird.
If you are a big guy in a small chair, that could be your issue.

The Herman Miller Aeron comes in 3 sizes:

"A" small, "B" medium and "C" large

To check what size chair you have:

Turn the Aeron office chair around so you're looking at the seat back.

Place your fingertips under the frame edge near the top center of the seatback near the Herman Miller stamp. Press under the edge until you feel one or more bumps. Count the number of bumps with your fingertips to determine the chair size -- one bump is an "A" size chair, two bumps a "B" size chair and three bumps organized in a triangle is a "C" size chair.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
My gun cabinet has the real McCoys!
Looks like a fair start, I have seen this photo float, around the Internet for years. I believe the fact is, that hard core gun owners like myself would never post photos of what we have. What I share, about what I own is with one or two friends that own the same, end of story.............

Status
Not open for further replies.