• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Guns? Who has guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have handguns. I collect and research pre-war, war-time, and post war Walther handguns. I have many examples and shoot nearly all of them.

H&K, SIG-Sauer, SIGArms, and Browning also populate another segment of the collection.

My longarms are an StG.58, AR's, and Mauser 8mm's.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
S&w model 5907, Charter arms "backpacker" .44, and a Ruger P89 with 1200 rounds of 119gr. Jhp's. :)

Yes, I must constatly remind my firearms that jump out of the safe, cabinet, and cases, not to go randomly shooting innocent strangers that may wander by.

I've told them time and time again about this behavior.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Small Arsenal

At present, I have a Ruger 10-22 rifle, a wonderful gun. I also have a Winchester 1300 12 gauge which I use for bird hunting when I can use a bird dog.

Let's add a bit of spirited discussion. I own a Highpoint 9mm in addition to Colt, Glock, Charter and others. My experience with the Highpoint has been great, no problems, no jams, no missfires; just shoots reliabily every time you pull the trigger, have cycled over 500 rnds. Lot's of folks bad mouth it, but most have never owned or shot one.

Let's add a bit of spirited discussion. I own a Highpoint 9mm in addition to Colt, Glock, Charter and others. My experience with the Highpoint has been great, no problems, no jams, no missfires; just shoots reliabily every time you pull the trigger, have cycled over 500 rnds. Lot's of folks bad mouth it, but most have never owned or shot one.
I also have a C9 [Hi Point 9mm] I've carried for 5 years as an armed security officer and to date has over 6K thru it. I had a few problems at first BUT found out I was using the carbine mags and not the pistols mags [No heavy plastic butt plate ] I switched them out and the only other thing I needed to replace was the mag release spring. HP sent me the kit [for free] and I replaced it in under 10 minutes.
Many make comments about it BUT it works [a lot better then some other "QUALITY" firearm]. 100% warrenty any problem call them, send it back ,they will fix it and return WITH A FREE MAGAZINE!!

When mine reached 5K I sent it back to HP they tore it completely apart cleaned it replaced older parts with newer updated ones and returned it with TWO [2] free mags. YES it's a bit heavy [has been weighed and is only about 1 or 2 oz heavier then others] it is large but the larger heavier slide keeps the recoil to a minimum..

NOW,,,,,,,,,,,,,LET THE FLAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!

Guns are evil and kill people. I won't allow them around me and do not now nor will I ever own any.

(sitting at my work bench in the back room of the gun shop)
I know you're kiddin, BUT I have yet to see a firearm jump up and kill someone. I guess all the firearms I've seen are good, angelic ones LOL

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
In order of when I got them:

1) Stevens 12 GA Single shot - Dad gave it to me when I was 12.
2) Olympic Arms AR15 - Bought it from a co-worker in 2000.
3) Ruger 10/22 - My grandfather bought it new in January of 1976 - Verified through Ruger.
4) Springfield XD9 Subcompact LE Edition
5) Beretta 92FS - Bought as a keep-sake to remind me of the weapon that I carried for 20 years in the Navy.
6) Mossberg 590A1 - 9 shot with Ghost Ring sights & Bayonet Lug.

Next on the want list is an XD40 Subcompact LE and a full-auto NFA weapon, but buying a house is priority right now.

nc28478

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Glock 23 .40

When the glock is a'rockin

Don't come knock'in

Lol

Last edited:

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Database Admin
My personal firearms:

Springfield M1A (standard, with as many older M-14 accessories as I can find).
H&K USP .40
Remington 870 Express
Ruger 10-22

My father has too many. Texans are outnumbered by their own firearms 7 to 1. He keeps that average high.

You guys ain't buying my cover story. Oh well, I know it is true because my soccer mom sister in law told so. The same sister in law told me if there were no guns there would be no more killin'. She is college educated so she must right. (The sad part is she really believes that crap)

BTW, some of ya'll is in dire need of additional inventory.

Last edited:

Astrak

Premium Subscriber
Out of the three, the P89 has to be the most reliable of them. Thousands of rounds through of all different makes and quality and never a jam or a break. Haven't shot the SR556 enough yet to know about how it will behave.

Status
Not open for further replies.