• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Guns? Who has guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you just carry on participating in a gun debate while not debating guns. :roll:
I am participating in a thread titled, "Guns? Who has guns?" in a subsection of the board, "Outdoor Recreations - If it moves, shoot it. If it lacks all civilized amenities, sleep in it. Does a piece of paper never look right unless it has holes in it?"

You are the one that touting gun control and is acting indignant while proclaiming that "90% of the guys on this thread are hostile to any sort of hint at gun control." Ya think?

Obvious troll is obviousssssssssssssssssss.

I won't show up at your anti-fa or whatever boards touting individual rights and then act shocked when people don't agree with me. ROTFLMAO!

My choice of a handgun is a Colt M1911A1 " Colt 45". Year made 1924.
The gun of choice that I enjoy most is my grandfathers M1911A1 that he was issued during WW2. He took bullets with that gun on him while piloting a B17 bomber. Those .45's are still the choice of many..

I have the specific 1863 Springfield musket that my great grandfather carried in the civil war. He took a bullet at Shilo and probably while carrying that musket.
prcguy

The gun of choice that I enjoy most is my grandfathers M1911A1 that he was issued during WW2. He took bullets with that gun on him while piloting a B17 bomber. Those .45's are still the choice of many..

I checked the bore and it looks fine and I plan on shooting it in the near future. It went from my great grandfather, to my grandfather, to his son (my uncle) then to me. It appears to have been put in storage and probably not used since the civil war. It came with paperwork pointing back to my great grandfather. I have most of his civil war records like enlistment and discharge papers, etc.
prcguy

Now, THAT is just really neat! Is it in usable condition?

Ah, the cavalry. I was wondering when they would show up. :)

Asked and answered: https://forums.radioreference.com/2877029-post206.html
After reading your response, here is my interpretation:
A. It is OK for 3, 5, and 7 year old children to possess a gun, unsupervised since they are not in custody and have a right to defend themselves.
B. You feel it was perfectly alright for Adam Lanza to possess a firearm both before and after he killed his mother and elementary school children since he was not in custody and had a right to defend himself.

I have clarification questions:
If you have been arrested and released after posting bail, are you still in custody?
Do you have a right to defend yourself with a firearm while out on bail?
Can a judge require you to surrender your guns as a condition of releasing you on bail?
If you are present in a courtroom, are you in custody?

Jim41

If you have been arrested and released after posting bail, are you still in custody?
Can a judge require you to surrender your guns as a condition of releasing you on bail?

Jim41
Yes
Yes
Yes
Depends on other circumstances.

Now we are just debating the arrangement of deck chairs on the Titanic while she sinks by the bow....

Going by the Constitution why should felons not be able to have guns? It says "Shall not be infringed" It says nothing about a felon. They knew law makers could make anyone a felon and forbid him or bans a citizen from that right, hence they said "Shall not be infringed" Today's standards our founders would be tractors and felons against the state.

Last edited:

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Going by the Constitution why should felons not be able to have guns? It says "Shall not be infringed" It says nothing about a felon. They knew law makers could make anyone a felon and forbid him, hence they said "Shall not be infringed"
You have to necessarily be able to manage all of those things. You have free speech....but not always. The classic example is yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theatre. There's freedom of the press but radio and TV stations don't have presses. They're media but the Constitution only refers to the press. Like I said, it's necessary to adapt once in a while.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
My personal belief is that felons should not be banned from owning guns based solely on being a felon. I think that violent crime should be the determining factor in banning a person from owning or possessing firearms. There are plenty of crimes that are non-violent that are felonies and I don't think those folks should be banned. Traffic tickets are a good example. Someone that commits a traffic violation that happens to result in a felony conviction currently loses their 2nd Amendment rights and I don't think that is right. By all means, if a person is convicted of domestic violence, then they should not be allowed to own or possess firearms.

After reading your response, here is my interpretation:
A. It is OK for 3, 5, and 7 year old children to possess a gun, unsupervised since they are not in custody and have a right to defend themselves.
B. You feel it was perfectly alright for Adam Lanza to possess a firearm both before and after he killed his mother and elementary school children since he was not in custody and had a right to defend himself.

Jim41
https://forums.radioreference.com/2877675-post225.html

Going by the Constitution why should felons not be able to have guns? It says "Shall not be infringed" It says nothing about a felon. They knew law makers could make anyone a felon and forbid him or bans a citizen from that right, hence they said "Shall not be infringed" Today's standards our founders would be tractors and felons against the state.
Ok, so chalk up another one who says felons should have guns.

As punishment, we can revoke their right to vote, and their right to life, but we cannot remove their right to have a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.