Guthrie "Whacker" Strikes Again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simpilo

It was also said he broke into a database with criminal and victim information not yet released. His trial date has been reset to March 15 2019. Very frustrating this happened.

The case is not over.

S

simpilo

Update per OSCN records. Plea of Guilty and Sentencing date set to November 15, 2019. Remanded to Logan County Sheriff custody. Confined in a facility in Lexington, Oklahoma. Booked April 23. 2019 awaitng sentencing.

Don't hack and use public safety radio systems! Scanners only!

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Update per OSCN records. Plea of Guilty and Sentencing date set to November 15, 2019. Remanded to Logan County Sheriff custody. Confined in a facility in Lexington, Oklahoma. Booked April 23. 2019 awaitng sentencing.

Don't hack and use public safety radio systems! Scanners only!

This sounds like a person that should lose their right to own or operate any type of electronic device for several years once released or paroled from prison, assuming they don't just get a slap on the wrist.
Kind of how Kevin Mitnick was prohibited from owning or using computers for several years after he was convicted of hacking.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Sick puppies like this give a bad rep to the scanning hobby. I hope he gets a max sentence and one of his parole conditions is that he cannot ever possess any kind of scanner or 2-way radio. Put him in an underground Supermax cell with a broken AM radio. That would be justice.

JD
kf4anc

Sparky_one

I came upon this rather randomly. I was not searching out this particular topic. The evidence they used to arrest him seem weird to me. Maybe I'm missing something. Did he actually transmit on an agency's licensed frequency? That's where I'm confused. I'm aware of Oklahoma's law on scanner use while in commission of a crime. That's where I get off the road. Because I didn't see the part where he programmed his Boefeng to transmit on Guthrie or Logan county's allotments. But it brings up a good point. I registered for the DPS radio ID card and carry it with me on travel because I have all my radios, usually ham related. I usually rig a rental up with some portable mag mount antennas, and I have a couple walkies running mobile. As you know, those walkies like TYT, Kenwood, etc do have the ability to go out of band. Of course my favorite place to visit is Vegas, and I only do ham systems because the linked towers out there are just plain crazy! I mean I can talk to anyone between San Deigo to Salt Lake city on the same tower network. I took my 300mw watt Alinco that runs on a large watch battery and made a couple contacts in Los Angeles from the LV Convention Center (repeater is on the WG next door).
Ok, that's my question. Did he actually key up on police radio?

xerb1962

Premium Subscriber
As far as I know they could not prove he keyed one up. There were a couple of whackers utilizing the stand by (GPD) repeater 155.610 MHz at the time. I don't believe this boy was one of them. They popped this guy for using a "scanner" while in the commission of a crime the way I figure it?

Status
Not open for further replies.