• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Gwinnett Co Fire MAYDAY CALL Last Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian1

I was en route to Charlotte, NC for a meeting. Passing through Gwinnett Sunday 11/13. Between 2:00 and 2:30 (14:00-14:30) time frame,

Gwinnett Engine 30 and other companies were on a working structure fire. Fireground Ch 10

I soon heard the most dramatic radio traffic I've ever heard on a fireground channel.

Using Fground Chan 10, E-30 firefighter 30-B came on radio: MAYDAY - MAYDAY. He then stated that he was lost inside and running low on air. Somehow became separated from his team. Heavy smoke obviously.

His colleagues 30-A and 30-C asked that he begin tapping the floor so they could follow the sound. He advised that he was using his pike pole on the floor. He was heard but 30-A and 30-C were getting low on air too.

As soon as this all began, it sounded like the Batallion Chief (on scene commander) initiated an alert tone on Fground ch-10. He alerted all personell on scene. He asked Dispatch for an additional full alarm response.

I can't remember if it was a crew from Squad 24 or Squad 14 that went inside to complete the rescue.

Successful rescue of Firefighter 30-B.

I'm writing this based on a week old recollection. You may have seen a news story that had better details.

This serves as a reminder that many truly good people who serve in fire-rescue, ems, and law enforcement are in harm's way daily. In a moment, things can turn dangerous on a dime.

God Bless those in emergency services.

Status
Not open for further replies.