Had to return PSR-800

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoDo

Ok, so I got the 800 this morning. I download Baltimore Co, MD police. In scanlist one named HOME and scanlist 2 named WORK. Strange thing was that when I put 18 objects into list 1 and then 15 objects in list 2 (some of the same tg's) after the import 15 would be missing from list 1 and vice versa if I did list 1 some would delete from list 2. Shiro at GRE couldn't figure it out after many calls back and forth, with him even walking me thru and same issues. So I called the store I got it from and I will have a new one tomorrow morning.

Has anyone ever heard of this?

BTW, the black started to rub off the front plate also.

Bronson24

Premium Subscriber
Ok, so I got the 800 this morning. I download Baltimore Co, MD police. In scanlist one named HOME and scanlist 2 named WORK. Strange thing was that when I put 18 objects into list 1 and then 15 objects in list 2 (some of the same tg's) after the import 15 would be missing from list 1 and vice versa if I did list 1 some would delete from list 2. Shiro at GRE couldn't figure it out after many calls back and forth, with him even walking me thru and same issues. So I called the store I got it from and I will have a new one tomorrow morning.

BTW, the black started to rub off the front plate also.

ya you had one of the Factory BLEMS...

DonS

Strange thing was that when I put 18 objects into list 1 and then 15 objects in list 2 (some of the same tg's) after the import 15 would be missing from list 1 and vice versa if I did list 1 some would delete from list 2.

If you re-imported the same talkgroups into a new (different) list, they're removed from the original list. That behavior is by design (i.e. it's intentional).

If you want the talkgroups in both lists, you'll need to either:
a) edit each one manually
b) import those talkgroups, specifying both lists

HoDo

If you re-imported the same talkgroups into a new (different) list, they're removed from the original list. That behavior is by design (i.e. it's intentional).

If you want the talkgroups in both lists, you'll need to either:
a) edit each one manually
b) import those talkgroups, specifying both lists

Hi Don! You hit it right on the head. The GRE tech couldn't even tell me that.

Let me explain - I would like to have just say 19 objects in my Home scanlist 1. In my Work scanlist 2 I would like to have some of the same 19 objects. I like setting my scanner up that way so I can scan the actual precinct in my area and some other tac channels. Then when I go home, I can just listen to my home precinct and the tac channels.

So I need to know how do I specify to allow same objects in the 2 lists?

I am setting it up on my laptop and I have all 19 objects in my home - perfect!! Now I want to put 20 objects in list 2 (using the computer software). I went to import and them I went to SET IMPORT OPTIONS.

DON - can you tell me what to do from here?? Thanks in advance!

mancow

Database Admin
It's simple. Select the item you want then click on the right side column where the scan list is noted. A box will open and from there you can select as many lists as you would like it to be assigned.

As an example there is a tower that simulcasts a neighboring County's traffic but I like to scan it with my regular channels. I have that conventional channel assigned to scan list 1 which is my local County and scan list 3 which is the County it actually belongs as well. When either list is active that frequency is scanned.

HoDo

No, I have work checked and when I go to import it will erase about 16 items from my home scanlist. Don said it is set to do that

TES

Hi Don! You hit it right on the head. The GRE tech couldn't even tell me that. . . .

While GRE has superior customer service and technical help, I doubt you'll find anyone more knowledgable on the inner-workings of the PSR-800 (and most other GRECOM-made scanners) than Don Starr ;)

HoDo

Great news TES about Don - I am hoping he will read what I posted and help me out. I am stumped. Everything else I am pretty good about.

rwier

Not exactly sure of the question, but others are mot hitting your sweet spot, so:

Open EZScan software
Down at the bottom click on the "Scanlists" tab
At the upper left a "box", just to the right of "Scanlist:"
click on the "down arrow" at the right side of said "box"
Left-Click on the Scanlist you want to work with
The far right column "Scanlist" is the KEY to success
Left-Click in the box, in the "Scanlist" column, that you want to change
Viola, new box "Select Scanlists" opens up
Turn any combination on/off at your whimsy by
Left-Clicking in the small box "SEL" column
Left-Click the "Set" button when finished
Changes transfer to the "Scanlists" page
repeat as desired

HoDo

RWIER - you are AWESOME!!!!

It worked like a charm. Now I can go into one of the scanlist and edit the tgid and it changes on the other scanlist that has the same object.

Thank you so very much, it was driving me nuts.

BeerNutz

Premium Subscriber

Yes I have. Your radio is operating as designed by GRE.

So, you returned a perfectly good radio and then ask for help? You may want to ask for help BEFORE returning the next radio.

HoDo

No, I called the store and left a message last night and they cancelled the shipment. All is good now.

And if you read the post BeerNutz I did call for help forst and spent 3 hours back and forth with Shiro from GRE and he couldn't figure out the problem. But thanks for your concern

Status
Not open for further replies.