Hail Stop active

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hail Stop active this afternoon west of Reddeer, 134.3000 and 132.8500 heard loud and clear in Edmonton.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
He listed air frequencies, maybe a notice to stop all activity because of hail in the area? A google search for "hail stop" didn't show anything conclusive :lol:

yyc_tbird_sc

Hail stop is a system used to stop hail. Literally!

By "seeding" the clouds with certain chemicals, it helps to limit the amount of hail that will fall. The insurance companies are paying alot of money into this program, as it's saving millions of dollars in damages.

SCPD

QRT
yyc_tbird_sc said:
Hail stop is a system used to stop hail. Literally!

By "seeding" the clouds with certain chemicals, it helps to limit the amount of hail that will fall. The insurance companies are paying alot of money into this program, as it's saving millions of dollars in damages.

Thanks

rcvmo

Oh boy......
start screwing with mother nature and she's gonna screw with you.......litterally!!
rcvmo

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I can say that in this situation, they can mess with Mother Nature all they want. Having seen the huge costs of hail on crops and houses, Hail Stop [or whatever you want to call it] is well worth messing with. It is a lot easier to put up with more rain, than baseball sized hail. Since they have restarted the "Hail Stop" program in Central Alberta, I don't think I have seen hail larger than pea size. May knock leaves off trees, but doesn't punch holes in shingles, windows, dent cars, etc.. Another frequency I see listed for Weather Modification in Alberta is 407.25. Have not heard anything on this frequency in the past 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.