Hall County Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
In the RR Database, Hall County Fire is shown as still retaining its 154.340 VHF Dispatch frequency but with a different input frequency than indicated in its FCC license. In addition, there is a NOTE above the listing which indicates that a simplex frequency (156.060) would become the simulcast frequency for the trunked system Fire Dispatch talkgroup. Questions:

1. Is there even a conventional simulcast frequency in service at all?
2. If so, what is it?

Thanks!
Mike
Metrofire31
WQIT636
Franklin, NC

N8IAA

In the RR Database, Hall County Fire is shown as still retaining its 154.340 VHF Dispatch frequency but with a different input frequency than indicated in its FCC license. In addition, there is a NOTE above the listing which indicates that a simplex frequency (156.060) would become the simulcast frequency for the trunked system Fire Dispatch talkgroup. Questions:

1. Is there even a conventional simulcast frequency in service at all?
2. If so, what is it?

Thanks!
Mike
Metrofire31
WQIT636
Franklin, NC

Mike, they used to use 154.34 and 156.06. Have not heard them on .34, or .06 for years. Only on the trunked system. I am running three scanners to verify at this time.
Larry

N8IAA

Mike, they used to use 154.34 and 156.06. Have not heard them on .34, or .06 for years. Only on the trunked system. I am running three scanners to verify at this time.
Larry

Mike, can confirm that they are not using the VHF for simulcast on the trunked system.
Larry

nunyax

I've heard a search and rescue group conduct exercises on Hall's 154.340 repeater a couple of times a year for the last couple of years or so. As far as I could tell it was using the repeater and not a simulcast from any talkgroup on the trunked system.

rapidcharger

They do not use 154.34 any more. There's other stuff on that freq though. I hear Walton co and Pike Co to name but two that I have identified. I don't think hall simulcasts.

Last edited:

nunyax

Also, they used to conduct a daily evening VHF test on 154.340 around 18:00 to 19:00. They would send a single tone and the dispatcher would announce the test. I haven't listened around that time lately so they may no longer do it.

nunyax

Just to follow up, I did get an email response from the SAR group and they did use Hall's 154.340 repeater for training but don't any longer. He said they have moved to more 'secure' frequencies for their training but still may be heard on VHF from time to time.

rapidcharger

And naturally several hours after I post that ^^^^^,
I just heard hall county (mentioned by name) do a page test on 154.34.
It didn't sound like they paged out more than one or two units.

I tried to record it but could not get it going in time. It lasted all of 1 minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.