ham license

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqs

iam thinking of trying to get my ham i have a old copy of now your talking says its good till 97 do i need a more current copy or wiil this do not sure what i need

N8DV

Also check out the listing by ARRL of local ham radio clubs. They are great help in getting your license. Some of these clubs also provide sites for testing for your license. I am a VE or Volunteer Examiner at The Salvation Army community center in Mount Clemens. Let me know if I can help.

mikey60

freqs said:
iam thinking of trying to get my ham i have a old copy of now your talking says its good till 97 do i need a more current copy or wiil this do not sure what i need

The Hazel Park Club is starting a Technician Class in June... More info can be found at http://www.hparc.org

From the ZeroBeat news letter:

The Technician class will be held in JUNE at Warren Consolidated Schools. If you know anyone who is interested contact Rich KC8WPW. For the Technician class you only need the ARRL Technician Manual that will be available for purchase at the first class.

The Next club meeting is the second Wednesday in May at Hoover School in Hazel Park.

Mike

k8tmk

Our local amateur radio club provides classes for amateur radio licenses. According to the instructors, the ARRL Technician license book is loaded with errors. They recently switched to the Gordon West book and found it to be much better.

A year ago, my wife took the General class from the club. They tried the Gordon West book for that license and also found it to be very good.

Randy, K8TMK

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
Let me just be the first to say that this is an excellent study manual. Its 53 pages for the General and it is very easy to read, best of all your mind retains what it reads. It is much better than the books. However, I highly recommend that you do go through that book at least a couple of times. Just because you pass the test does not mean you know everything. You need to understand what you are and if you dont know the theory then really what good are you? The no-nonswnse guide will get you your ticket!

KD8FSJ said:
I found Dan's (KB6NU) No-Nonsense Technician Study Guide to be very helpful. And when you are ready, he also has one for the General class. Best of all, they are free!

http://kb6nu.com/tech-manual/

Paul

SCPD

QRT
Getting a ham ticket

freqs said:

start here:

http://www.qsl.net/k8uo/useca.htm

This is the link for a very good ham radio club in your neck of the woods. Contact someone at USECA and you are on your way.

kb6nu

Thanks!

Thanks for your kind words on my No-Nonsense Study Guides (www.kb6nu.com/tech-maual). We also conduct One-Day Tech Classes throughout the year in and around SE Michigan. If you would like to get on a mailing list to be informed when and where we will hold the next one, send me an e-mail (cwgeek@kb6nu.com).

Also, once a year, starting in January, I teach a more traditional, eight- to ten-week General Class course here in Ann Arbor.

73!

Dan KB6NU

Status
Not open for further replies.