Ham radio activity in Massachusetts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecps92

Pete

There are plenty of 440 Repeaters, there are restrictions on power, beam-tilt etc, but they are out there.

To cover a wide area like that, does not require a TRS, it requires a little engineering.

Years ago there was a nice little Net, established if memory is correct by a Boston Doctor who wanted to talk to his wife/kids in VT
it was a mix of 440/220 Repeaters, that covered New England, real good coverage that from Quincy I could hit the Princeton Repeater full quieting

antonio186

Premium Subscriber
Pete

There are plenty of 440 Repeaters, there are restrictions on power, beam-tilt etc, but they are out there.

To cover a wide area like that, does not require a TRS, it requires a little engineering.

Years ago there was a nice little Net, established if memory is correct by a Boston Doctor who wanted to talk to his wife/kids in VT
it was a mix of 440/220 Repeaters, that covered New England, real good coverage that from Quincy I could hit the Princeton Repeater full quieting

Ok, do you know where I could grab some reading material on the limitations/restrictions on 440?

Status
Not open for further replies.