Ham Rigs,Used,New,Buy,Sell,Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjmag

Can anyone recommend a website that is a good place to buy, sell, and trade, new and used ham rigs? I am going to take the Tech test this Thursday and enter the world of ham radio, something I have put off for years. I would like to start out with a dual band 2 meter/70cm talkie. Anyone recommend a good one? Are there any ratings available? Thanks...

P.J. Maguire

KD5WLX

I'll second the QRZ "for sale" forum. But what are you looking for - there's used stuff available locally from time to time.

There's also the local clubs. The TARC meeting is tonight (3rd Tuesday each month, 7pm at TU). Sometimes just coming by and asking nets some interesting finds, swaps, etc.

freqscout

VX-6R by Yaesu is a good, simple jump off point.

Radioreference.com, hamradio.com, aesham.com

CommShrek

I would highly recommend taking a look at someone elses radio equipment and trying it out for a little bit if you can. I would be hesitant to buy used equipment. The majority of the used equipment I've ran across is for sale because it is someone elses headache they are trying to unload.

That's not always the case, but it happens more often than I'd like to see. I've got a Yaesu VX-7R for a walkie and a Yaesu FT-7800R for a mobile. I've been fairly happy with them overall. I don't have a lot of experience with many other rigs.

Good luck on your test.

Status
Not open for further replies.