Hamilton CACC Tac 2

EJB

20 + year membership
I've heard a few times for the Brant, Haldimand, Norfolk EMS to switch to Tac 2, TG 35664 after calls on TG 35632 Simcoe,Norfolk.

Is Hamilton CACC using TAC 2 for calls?
I generally can't monitor the Brantford tower much especially in winter, my antennas are hard to use without letting in cold air in the winter.

XBrandonEdwardX

Telecommunications
It's been a few years since I've lived in Hamilton, but I am open to others sharing information as things are always changing. Starting off with the basics, I know that according to the Bell FleetNet listing here on RadioReference, they have the following channels:

DEC HEX Mode Alpha TagDescriptionTag
355848b00AHamilton CACCCACCEMS Dispatch
356008b10AHam City EastCity EastEMS Dispatch
357128b80AHam City WestCity WestEMS Dispatch
356168b20AHam Niagara NNiagara NorthEMS Dispatch
357288b90AHam Niagara SNiagara SouthEMS Dispatch
356328b30ASimcoe NorfolkSimcoe NorfolkEMS Dispatch
356488b40AHamilton TAC 1Tactical 1EMS-Tac
356648b50AHamilton TAC 2Tactical 2EMS-Tac
356808b60AHamilton TAC 3Tactical 3EMS-Tac
356968b70AHamilton TAC 4Tactical 4EMS-Tac

In the few years I lived in Hamilton, I never heard any traffic on the "City West" talkgroup. They seem to mainly sit on the "City East." As per their tactical (TAC) channels, I know that Hamilton has used "TAC 3" and "TAC 4" in the past. However, they seem to be pretty specific.

When an ambulance is dispatched on "City East," they respond to the call. Once the ambulance has arrived on location, they typically switch to "TAC 4" for the time that they are on scene. Once they depart the scene, they usually switch back to "City East" and return to their station (10-19)... unless there's another call for them to go on.

Now this is what I can't 100% remember. First up, I can't remember which talkgroup they usually patch to the hospitals on. However, during incident standbys, where they need to further separate the traffic other than having everyone on "TAC 4," I have heard them use "TAC 2" in the past. I am not sure that this is a standard for them though. These instances if I remember correctly are extremely rare.

I think the best bet would be to see if you can find a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for comms from the Ministry of Health, or more specifically Hamilton CACC. I am not sure that this information has been released to the public or not, but I am sure if you look hard enough you can find something out there.

icarus1963

Premium Subscriber
I've heard a few times for the Brant, Haldimand, Norfolk EMS to switch to Tac 2, TG 35664 after calls on TG 35632 Simcoe,Norfolk.

Is Hamilton CACC using TAC 2 for calls?
I generally can't monitor the Brantford tower much especially in winter, my antennas are hard to use without letting in cold air in the winter.
Hey Eric,

They are using Tac2 for Haldimand, Norfolk units, and the regular Simcoe channel is being used for Brantford and Brant County units only.
The Simcoe channel was too busy when everybody was on one talkgroup.

EJB

20 + year membership
Hey Eric,

They are using Tac2 for Haldimand, Norfolk units, and the regular Simcoe channel is being used for Brantford and Brant County units only.
The Simcoe channel was too busy when everybody was on one talkgroup.

Totally makes sense!! I'm hearing and seeing no Haldimand and Norfolk calls anymore on the old Simcoe Norfolk TG. All I'm hearing and seeing is Brant and 6Nations EMS.

Thanks Andy!!

It makes sense now, I won't hear Tac 2 on Hamilton. I'll try to monitor Brantford to capture the RIDS for Norfolk and Haldimand EMS.

It's been a few years since I've lived in Hamilton, but I am open to others sharing information as things are always changing. Starting off with the basics, I know that according to the Bell FleetNet listing here on RadioReference, they have the following channels:

In the few years I lived in Hamilton, I never heard any traffic on the "City West" talkgroup. They seem to mainly sit on the "City East." As per their tactical (TAC) channels, I know that Hamilton has used "TAC 3" and "TAC 4" in the past. However, they seem to be pretty specific.

When an ambulance is dispatched on "City East," they respond to the call. Once the ambulance has arrived on location, they typically switch to "TAC 4" for the time that they are on scene. Once they depart the scene, they usually switch back to "City East" and return to their station (10-19)... unless there's another call for them to go on.

Now this is what I can't 100% remember. First up, I can't remember which talkgroup they usually patch to the hospitals on. However, during incident standbys, where they need to further separate the traffic other than having everyone on "TAC 4," I have heard them use "TAC 2" in the past. I am not sure that this is a standard for them though. These instances if I remember correctly are extremely rare.

I think the best bet would be to see if you can find a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for comms from the Ministry of Health, or more specifically Hamilton CACC. I am not sure that this information has been released to the public or not, but I am sure if you look hard enough you can find something out there.

Dude: I've monitored Hamilton now for pretty much 20 years. I understand how it works. City East is generally dispatch and on scene is Tac 4. EMS units ask for patches to hospitals on Tac4 and dispatch sends them thru there.

Occasionally Hamilton city EMS uses Tac 1 for tests and special events.

Tac 3 used to be for patches for Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk. Andy answered my question about Tac 2. Now on T3 we're going to only hear Brant and 6 Nations patches, I'm guessing T2 handles everything for Norfolk and Haldimand now.

icarus1963

Premium Subscriber
Totally makes sense!! I'm hearing and seeing no Haldimand and Norfolk calls anymore on the old Simcoe Norfolk TG. All I'm hearing and seeing is Brant and 6Nations EMS.

Thanks Andy!!

It makes sense now, I won't hear Tac 2 on Hamilton. I'll try to monitor Brantford to capture the RIDS for Norfolk and Haldimand EMS.

Dude: I've monitored Hamilton now for pretty much 20 years. I understand how it works. City East is generally dispatch and on scene is Tac 4. EMS units ask for patches to hospitals on Tac4 and dispatch sends them thru there.

Occasionally Hamilton city EMS uses Tac 1 for tests and special events.

Tac 3 used to be for patches for Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk. Andy answered my question about Tac 2. Now on T3 we're going to only hear Brant and 6 Nations patches, I'm guessing T2 handles everything for Norfolk and Haldimand now.

Tac 3 is still used for all patches from both, Hald./Norfolk, and Brantford. The only difference is if they are coming to the BGH, they have to switch talkgroups from Tac 2 to the Simcoe channel.

If you need RID's for Haldimand /Norfolk, I'll go through my list.
Check your PM, Eric

Andy