Hamilton Township, Mercer County

Status
Not open for further replies.

bailly2

not yet. lets not post anything to the database, maybe it will stay in the clear. im writing down the radio ids in case it does go enc

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
The new p25 digital radios were in the clear as of this weekend.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
As of 10:30 a.m. today all cars have switched over to p25 digital F2. Could be because they're going to be doing maintenance or changes on F1?

phillydjdan

1) Both F-1 and 2 are now operating in P25 digital mode. They are conventional repeaters, NOT trunked.

2) They are currently in the clear and NOT encrypted.

3) They are currently doing grid style signal testing on F-1.

4) In an interesting turn of events, it seems neither license authorizes them to use any digital voice modes and specifically limits them to analog voice only. They are technically in violation of their licenses using this mode.

I'm asking nicely that noone submits this info to the database and here's why: Personally, I like the digital voice. It's clearer and has a better range than the old analog voice did. People have made mention of them going encrypted. One of the things that WILL push them to do that is seeing their new digital channels in the database. Furthermore, I can tell you right now that as long as it's kept here and they don't turn on encryption, I would be ok with the licensing issue. BUT, the moment they go encrypted you can bet I'll be contacting the media. Lets please just keep this discussion here.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
As you and I have talked about Dan I agree. The new system sounds so good compared to that low volume weak system they had before. As we discussed I can guarantee you there would be media attention if they go encrypted, LOL... I didn't say much here as I wanted you to do the honors, as always, you are the one that does all the legwork. 73's everybody, I've already spent too much time back on this site... Bob.

bailly2

some of the radio ids are in the 700+ range, while many are in the 400 to 500 range, could the 400 units be sargeants? if it is there is alot of sargeants on patrol

georgesteve

It's true. They will see if the digital channels have been added and if so they aren't going to like it one bit. South Plainfield PD went encrypted for that reason along with Highland Park

lbijay

I'm about to purchase a new scanner to monitor Hamilton Township police and Mercer Fire. Any suggestions? Also, is Hamilton still operating in the clear on P25?

phillydjdan

As of the last time I listened Hamilton was still in the clear. As for scanners just about any P25 scanner will pickup the Mercer County and Hamilton channels. I personally would opt for either a BCD396XT portable or BCD996XT base/mobile...

Joseph11

The Whistler TRX-1 and TRX-2 are great scanners with excellent P25 decode.

bailly2

i would wait another 6 months at least in case they encrypt. can hear fire by listening to dispatch on 154.43 and then the simplex fireground channels on the mercer county page without having to buy a $500 scanner

jetskiman98

I'm hearing them loud and in the clear in Hamilton now. It must be a slow day. I went about an hour without a single transmission. I ran DSD+ on Ch1 and didn't see anything encrypted. There hasn't been any activity on Ch2 to determine yet.

Last edited:

lbijay

Thanks for the input jetskiman98. Several questions though....are you hearing them in the clear on a digital scanner (which one?)...how did you find the frequency for the dispatch? I am considering purchasing a digital scanner that uses zip code to locate the frequency. Is that how you located them? Again, thanks for the input.

jetskiman98

Thanks for the input jetskiman98. Several questions though....are you hearing them in the clear on a digital scanner (which one?)...how did you find the frequency for the dispatch? I am considering purchasing a digital scanner that uses zip code to locate the frequency. Is that how you located them? Again, thanks for the input.

Hamilton PD never changed their frequencies, They just went from analog voice to P25. The frequencies are still listed in the database.

Mercer County, New Jersey (NJ) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

So as of today, no encryption.

Status
Not open for further replies.