HamInfoBar - Free Toolbar for Hams, SWLs and Radio Enthusiasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0DPC

Hi all

HamInfoBar is a totally free toolbar that sits discreetly at the top of your Firefox or Internet Explorer browser ready to be called upon instantly, providing a wealth of information for Hams, SWLs and radio enthusiasts

Just some features:

Search call signs, APRS etc. Links for DX spots, propagation, satellites, forums, QSL, QRP, CW, User and Service Manuals, Manufacturers websites etc. Listen to ARRL, TWIAR, and RSGB news and many others. Podcasts, RSS feeds. UTC clock, ID timer. ISS tracking, Nasa TV. Plus loads more features!

No registration required and contains no spyware!

For screenshots and more info visit:

http://www.haminfobar.co.uk/

John - G0DPC

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
CLTX11 said:
Probably because this is his first post (joined today), looking for a ton of hits on his website to get it at the top of the search engines.

Are you kidding me?? Finally someone comes out with a "ham toolbar" and all you can say is that??

Why cant you just say "that pretty cool, I'll check it out and see if I can use it at all"

??

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
SEMTTP said:
Are you kidding me?? Finally someone comes out with a "ham toolbar" and all you can say is that??

Why cant you just say "that pretty cool, I'll check it out and see if I can use it at all"

??

If I installed every bit of software that someone suggested, I'd get the computer to boot up from all the malware.

When your first post is spam, it's downhill from there....

G0DPC

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your welcome?!

As you rightly say you can indeed make your own toolbar, but why re-invent the wheel?

This toolbar has taken me seven-months to develop, and I am constantly updating it, involving much time and effort.

With several thousand installations, I don't have to post on forums to score hits. Just thought you guys might find it really useful.

When I designed it, it was because there was nothing similar out there, and I thought it would be a really good tool, there's certainly nothing sinister behind it!

Certainly didn't mean to offend any of you, and hopefully some of you may choose to download it, and find it to be invaluable, but of course that's always your personal choice.

73, John

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I believe it was reviewed in MT a while back, and John Catalano also had some fairly positive things to say about it. 73 Mike

GrumpyGuard

I have been using the ham tool bar for about a month. There was a good write up in Monitoring Times. I have found this to be a valuable tool as both an Amateur radio operator as well as a scan enthusiast. Thanks for taking the time to make this useful tool.

ai4uk

Feed Provider
Hi John,

I installed your toolbar today and I really love it. Has a wealth of information on it.
Still learning more about it.

Thanks for your hard work.

Eddie / AI4UK

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I do not have firefox. I plan installing it on the Iexployer. Does it work on the lastest Netscape ?

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
G0DPC said:
Hi all

HamInfoBar is a totally free toolbar that sits discreetly at the top of your Firefox or Internet Explorer browser ready to be called upon instantly, providing a wealth of information for Hams, SWLs and radio enthusiasts

Been using HamInfoBar for a couple of months. I like it. I find the UTC clock to be helpful with NWS forecast discussions which always use UTC time. Thanks and 73

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
G0DPC said:
Hi all

Just some features:

Search call signs, APRS etc. Links for DX spots, propagation, satellites, forums, QSL, QRP, CW, User and Service Manuals, Manufacturers websites etc. Listen to ARRL, TWIAR, and RSGB news and many others. Podcasts, RSS feeds. UTC clock, ID timer. ISS tracking, Nasa TV. Plus loads more features!

No registration required and contains no spyware!

For screenshots and more info visit:

http://www.haminfobar.co.uk/

John - G0DPC

John,

Just installed the toolbar for Firefox. I must say I like. I know that we are all worried about spam and spyware, but I have plenty of spyware software that will catch anything if it indeed does have spyware in it. So far I really like the UTC clock, as a ham radio operator myself, I have not mastered the UTC time, and everything that I do for weather and time for Ham radio are in UTC....Thanks for taking the time to create this toolbar. I am playing with it now and the information that you have brought to this and to the radio community is just fantastic. Thanks for your dedication and work. I like it. Please dont let the few that choose to be negative toward you ruin it, its great!

Thanks and 73's

w0fg

I installed it and it looks quite useful...lots of good links that are quicker to get at than via the FireFox bookmarks. Thanks, John.

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
w0fg said:
I installed it and it looks quite useful...lots of good links that are quicker to get at than via the FireFox bookmarks. Thanks, John.

I just wanted to add that I have no had a chance to kinda go through the toolbar. I must say this is going to be a great resource. I found some things that I did not know existed, and now to have it all up there is very nice. I like how I can listen to radio station(I know that you can do this with other software too) I lke all the information that has been put into it.

I will use it everyday...again thanks for the time and effort into it!!!!!

CLTX11

Sorry for being so "negative," as another member posted, you have to be leery about installing things whether you have the most advanced spyware/virus blocker or not.

I know it is not required but it would be nice to have a little introduction/background information from new members posting such downloads for credibility purposes. To those that caught the article in MT, thank you for mentioning it, I did not see it.

I personally have not used it, I am sure it is indeed helpful to those who have downloaded it. Sorry for taking a "jab" at you and thanks for helping out the community!

G0DPC

KC0STG said:
I do not have firefox. I plan installing it on the Iexployer. Does it work on the lastest Netscape ?

Dave, Netscape is not supported so I would recommend going the IE route.

SEMTTP said:
Please dont let the few that choose to be negative toward you ruin it...

Thanks for all your positive feedback Eric! There will always be some folk HamInfoBar will not suit, but in general the comments have proven to be positive, with many downloads worldwide within the community.

I didn't mean to be negative, what I meant by creating your own is that you can customize it with the links and features you want. I did try the one mentioned, and also this one http://www.n0hr.com/ both are great, but were missing some links, and rss feeds that I use and they have links and such that I don't use.

Status
Not open for further replies.