Hancock County Installing Locution Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Columbus, Ohio has used Locution for about 10 years now, what a great system. It can dispatch 20 runs simultaneously, which is nice for Columbus as they average around 12,000 runs a month.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
And this now completes the entire Metro Indy area. Johnson, Hendricks, Marion, Hamilton, and now Hancock.

usswood

We (Vigo County) bought Louction this time last year and I have only heard a few test calls only this month? Go figure... I think it was 10k or so for the purchase...and it is still not up and running... They did however fire the 911 director last week, so maybe that is progress in the works!!! LOL

26m10

Premium Subscriber
And this now completes the entire Metro Indy area. Johnson, Hendricks, Marion, Hamilton, and now Hancock.
Hamilton County does NOT use Locution. Fire Dispatch is done over the P-25 system with humans..Strange I know...

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Ahh I thought that had changed with all the CAD changes everyone has been doing after the failures and hacking over last couple of years.

pjbracing

Premium Subscriber
Did Hancock County Fire change dispatch talk groups. A friend from that area told me he doesn't hear the actual dispatch call anymore but hears the responding units? Any advice.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Yes they switched to a new Dispatch TG. Old one is now used for Fire Control after Dispatch.
10382 30-FDISP
10332 30-FCONTROL

N9IIT

Hamilton County does NOT use Locution. Fire Dispatch is done over the P-25 system with humans..Strange I know...

HamCo has a new 911 director - the guy that was Monroe County's 911 director took the job up here. Be curious to see once he gets settled into the job if he moves on installing Locution dispatch here. While most of the dispatchers here do a great job dispatching fire runs the "manual way" there is one fella who sounds like he dispatches while eating a peanut butter sandwich.

DJ11DLN

HamCo has a new 911 director - the guy that was Monroe County's 911 director took the job up here. Be curious to see once he gets settled into the job if he moves on installing Locution dispatch here. While most of the dispatchers here do a great job dispatching fire runs the "manual way" there is one fella who sounds like he dispatches while eating a peanut butter sandwich.
I think every Dispatch Center has at least one of those!

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
LOL Union bylaw, at least one mumble rapper must be employed.

DJ11DLN

LOL Union bylaw, at least one mumble rapper must be employed.
Years ago when everybody but ISP was on Plan A, Putnam Co. had a guy who used "uhh" as punctuation. He almost never strung more than two words together without "uhh." And I mean a long, drawn-out "uhhhhhhhhhhhh." It must have driven those folks to distraction! We would get aggravated just listening to him in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.