• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

BCT15X: Hardwire In Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi how would i go about hard wiring the bct15x in my car so it turns off when the car does

any help will be appreciated

Without knowing which vehicle you own, it is hard to give a direct answer.

However, looking in your fuse panel for a key switched power source would be a place to start.

Without knowing which vehicle you own, it is hard to give a direct answer.

However, looking in your fuse panel for a key switched power source would be a place to start.
2006 explorer i am going to hook it upto the radio fuse 5 amp

yea i dont think mine does i hooked it up to the radio 20 amp nothing idk what im doing wrong i grounded it and everything

ChrisABQ

Premium Subscriber
I always got around all the electronic issues by wiring to the battery and then installing a relay connected to the wiper fuse to turn it on an off. Never had problems or blown fuses.

HummerMike

Premium Subscriber
There are usually two fuse boxes in a car now. One under the hood for higher amperage such as wipers, lights, brake lights etc. There is also one usually at the drivers door post. You can get a volt meter and test the fuses to see which do not have power while switched off. Make a note of them. Start the car and see which come up to 13 ~ 14 volts. You can get a "Add A TAP" fuse holder at the local auto parts an install for a power source.

Status
Not open for further replies.