BCT15X: Hardwire In Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMICHAEL_124

Premium Subscriber
Hi how would i go about hard wiring the bct15x in my car so it turns off when the car does

any help will be appreciated

n4yek

Without knowing which vehicle you own, it is hard to give a direct answer.

However, looking in your fuse panel for a key switched power source would be a place to start.

CMICHAEL_124

Premium Subscriber
Without knowing which vehicle you own, it is hard to give a direct answer.

However, looking in your fuse panel for a key switched power source would be a place to start.

2006 explorer i am going to hook it upto the radio fuse 5 amp

HummerMike

A lot of the newer cars will have the accessory plug set to go on and off with the ignition. A good place to tap into if your car does.

Mike

CMICHAEL_124

Premium Subscriber
yea i dont think mine does i hooked it up to the radio 20 amp nothing idk what im doing wrong i grounded it and everything

ChrisABQ

I always got around all the electronic issues by wiring to the battery and then installing a relay connected to the wiper fuse to turn it on an off. Never had problems or blown fuses.

HummerMike

There are usually two fuse boxes in a car now. One under the hood for higher amperage such as wipers, lights, brake lights etc. There is also one usually at the drivers door post. You can get a volt meter and test the fuses to see which do not have power while switched off. Make a note of them. Start the car and see which come up to 13 ~ 14 volts. You can get a "Add A TAP" fuse holder at the local auto parts an install for a power source.

Status
Not open for further replies.