Harlan KSP Post 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graysman

For the past 2-3 weeks I have not been able to pickup channel B (460.3625) on my scanner. I still can get channel A (453.550). I have tried the other frequencies for post 10 but I get nothing. I was wondering if anyone else have had this problem recently. Thank You.

cm

Sometimes they will have problems with a particular tower you are trying to recieve. There can be a problem with one of the channels and the other one will work fine. I had this happen to me a couple of months ago with Bowling Green. I was able to hear A channel from the same tower just fine but could not hear B. Come to find out lightning struck the tower and knocked B channel off the air. It was like this for about 2 months before they got it fixed.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
The other night I didn't hear them on 460.3625.... but monitored Post 10 on a number of their other freqs... Have you programmed other "B:" Channels into your scanner?

jerk

Graysman said:
I tried all the frequencies for Post 10 all I got was buzzing and some scrambled talk.
You a scanner capable of receiving digital transmissions.

What type of scanner do you have? If a Uniden 396 or 996 make sure CTCSS search is off, that will keep the scanner from decoding digital.

Otherwise you'll need a GRE-500/600 or Radio Shack Pro-96

Graysman

I have a Uniden BP-250 scanner. I don't think its the scanner because I can pickup channel A. Channel B (the main channel) went silent about 3 weeks ago.

jerk

Graysman said:
I have a Uniden BP-250 scanner. I don't think its the scanner because I can pickup channel A. Channel B (the main channel) went silent about 3 weeks ago.
Ok, yes that's digital... I wonder if something else changed with either the scanner or the post radios. You might want to make sure your card is seated correctly and working.

And hopefully somebody closer will know something.

I looked at the database, it's only 25 watts output. Maybe changed antennas, is that the closest location to you?
What does this frequency get you? 460.43750 And I'm with Unitcharlie, try programming all the other frequencies and see what happens. With KY being broke... if a problem it maybe a long time before it is fixed if broken, not to mention far away from Frankfort which is where I would guess the radio techs work out of.

I know at my location, I have trouble hearing KSP, even when i am traveling in Louisville.

Last edited:

mastr

newsalan said:
... if a problem it maybe a long time before it is fixed if broken, not to mention far away from Frankfort which is where I would guess the radio techs work out of.

Without going into the response I really want to make, I will say that your guess about staffing location(s) is incorrect.

jerk

mastr said:
Without going into the response I really want to make, I will say that your guess about staffing location(s) is incorrect.
Just a guess, which I made clear.

Last edited:

Graysman

Last night I picked up the Harlan KSP main channel on freq. 460.075. They must have had trouble with one of the towers and switched frequencies. Thanks everyone for your help.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
If you have the time could you do a search and see which Harlan freqs are in use, at least in your vicinity? Just to make ure the data base is accurate? Thanx....

Status
Not open for further replies.