Harlan KY New PD Channels

KYguy2248

Have they changed from the trunking system?
Yes Sheriff is so far still on the trunked NXDN. PD may also still be under a different frequency. Within the last week they’ve moved PDs. They’ve been talk of P25 System but that’s kinda hard to believe with SO and Fire still on NXDN Trunked

KYguy2248

No problem :) . Let me know if you get anything, I am close enough to where I may be able to hear it, too.
So far I’ve had no luck. But considering what I’ve been told that they are the same system as Fire now which is conventional NXDN. Once they Freqs are found you should be able to pull from the pathfork repeater

BC2001

Jesse
So far I’ve had no luck. But considering what I’ve been told that they are the same system as Fire now which is conventional NXDN. Once they Freqs are found you should be able to pull from the pathfork repeater
Do you know where redbird is, in northern Bell County? Well, that's where I actually live. Pineville is just where I put my location as (nearest town). Hopefully, I can pick them up.

Also, any idea if there is a chance of encryption, or should this be in the clear?

HikerGuy

Premium Subscriber
Seems they've redone the system a little, heard from a source in the area that there's an active talkgroup (presumably sheriff) on TG 2001 that's encrypted. Not sure about the PDs. The Inman site now has three repeaters instead of four (453.3125, 453.56875 and 453.8125). Maybe the fourth repeater is being utilized for the police departments? Frequency would be 453.66875 most likely.

BC2001

Jesse
Thanks for the information. By the way, I sent you a PM with a question, hope that's okay.
Seems they've redone the system a little, heard from a source in the area that there's an active talkgroup (presumably sheriff) on TG 2001 that's encrypted. Not sure about the PDs. The Inman site now has three repeaters instead of four (453.3125, 453.56875 and 453.8125). Maybe the fourth repeater is being utilized for the police departments? Frequency would be 453.66875 most likely.