Harrison County Public Service going to P25ip P25 Phase 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
There is a general announcement in the listing for this system that they will be going to a 3 Site Harris P25ip P25 Phase I system in the near future. My question is: is this system a regular P25P1 system that can be easily listened to with a 668, 436hp, trx-1, etc, or is the "IP" after the P25 denote something new? The system is currently on a provoice system. Just didn't know what P25ip stands for. Thanks!

motorola2935

The IP means the sites are connect through the internet basically. It is normal Phase I/FDMA P25 operation.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Correct. Its just the way Harris designates its P25 TRS like Motorola designates theirs as ASTRO-25.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the quick replies. Glad to hear I'll still be able to pick them up, providing they don't encrypt! I have a feeling that they will since they are coming from a provoice system.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
Any more news on the conversion of the Harrison County Public service going to P25ip? It's been almost 2 years since the message was posted. I keep looking for the FCC license grants and submissions every week, but still nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.