Harrisonburg-Rockingham County going P-25 [1 of 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Anyone care to run pro96com on the system and post all the pertinent information for us? It would be much appreciated on my end.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I'll be a few days, but I'll see what I can do.

kg4dps

Database Update?

HRECC switched to P25 at 10:00 this morning. I am unfamiliar with the process by which the radioreference database that is downloadable to Uniden scanners gets updated. Is there a timeframe for when this database might receive an update (assuming the channels are not encrypted if this impacts the ability to utilize Uniden scanners)?

lexmedic157

As soon as someone updates the RR information and is approved by an admin it’ll be available for programs such as ProScan to manually retrieve. I think programs like the HP2 use, etc is on a schedule.

tglendye

Premium Subscriber
HRECC switched to P25 at 10:00 this morning. I am unfamiliar with the process by which the radioreference database that is downloadable to Uniden scanners gets updated. Is there a timeframe for when this database might receive an update (assuming the channels are not encrypted if this impacts the ability to utilize Uniden scanners)?

Sorry, I missed your post before mine. Uniden usually downloads from the RR database Monday mornings and then updates Sentinel. Hopefully there will be a new entry next week's database. I won't be home until this evening and I will see what I can do then.

By the way, welcome to RadioReference! It's nice to see someone else in Rockingham.

Last edited:

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Harrisonburg-Rockingham P25 Switched Over!

It would seam that the transition to the new P25 system was seamless! I was over there earlier to day with the BCD436HP and the 536HP and picked the new system up just fine! The TRX-1 is receiving a signal but no audio passing through.

Picked up the following Talkgroups:

8258-'Tac 1' mentioned
8257- Fire Department Dispatch
12353-PD Ch. 1?
12417-PD: HPD?
4165: Radio Technicians testing. Lots of testing transmissions
65189-Not sure
16449-Not Sure

Now to figure out how to get TRx-1 setup for P25 system and Pro96com. That's for another forum.

tglendye

Premium Subscriber
BlueMoon2, thanks! I don't think I mentioned it, but in testing it appeared the TGID's may carry over from the old system. I was not sure if they would change once it went live and I only saw a few... but enough to indicate that may happen.

Do you know what the control channel was? I am having problems finding one. I have found 852.600 and 853.475, but have not been able to decode any data and have not received any transmission since the switch. I'm using a 436 as well. Thanks!

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, didn’t catch a control channel. I was just happy it was working! Loud and clear and no need to even do a volume offset change or anything! Thanks to the individual who posted the new licenses. That was very helpful in programming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tglendye

Premium Subscriber
I’m receiving now. I loaded each channel from Post #1 as BlueMoon2 suggested, into the system I had created. It took a while for the scanner to start decoding and display DAT, but it hasn’t let go of the CC and appears not to be missing anything. I think the old system may still be transmitting data on its CC and causing a delay for the scanner to get the correct CC.

All talk group ID’s I have seen have so far have carried over from the old system.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
I may have figured out my receive problem with the trx-1, I had a frequency locked out by accident in the p25 system. Oops! Also, I got the pro96com software working with the trx-1! Decoding the stars system properly!

tglendye

Premium Subscriber
Good deal. Are you in Charlottesville? Wow! I tried Pro96com last night, but I think I had a usb cable that I’ve had problems with before.

hdralleiii

Feed Provider
From what I had heard, the talk groups should stay the same. Thats several month old info so it may not be accurate. I hope to do some scanning of the system this evening after work and see if we cant get the database updated pretty quickly.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Given that frequency 854.4625 had somehow been locked out and I wasn’t receiving talkgroups regularly in scan for the new system, I’m willing to bet that that is likely to be a control channel, but not sure.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Is there a bandplan for this system? I can’t pick it up with my 436hp

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
No I don’t believe so. Nothing special for my 436hp. Valley simulcast, feedstone and mountain sites and I’d search on in a p25 x2 System

tglendye

Premium Subscriber
Is there a bandplan for this system? I can’t pick it up with my 436hp

I entered the frequencies from the first post into my 436 and it works. But it seemed to scan a few minutes before it showed "DAT" at the bottom of the screen and began decoding. I had given up on what I had entered, but then it took off.

I haven't been able to listen except for a little while since the switch over. I am thinking, but not sure, that the old system may still have a CC active. That may be confusing the scanners if it is entered into the system frequencies for P25. Maybe the scanner is setting on the wrong EDACS CC for a few minutes and then moves on and finds the P25. Just a thought... don't know if that's possible.

I wasn't able to use Pro96com last night and couldn't figure out how to find what CC the scanner was looking at.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.