Hartford Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA1QWH

I just searched the FCC database for any new licenses that might be for systems used at the new Hartford baseball stadium, once it's operational. Found nothing that seems to apply.

Has anyone heard rumors about what the radio system for the new stadium might be?

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
They probably havent even looked into a radio system yet but they would need a channel each for security, concession stands, maintenance and god knows whatever else, keep up the search every few weeks and see what pops up.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I would look toward a contract for it. Perhaps XPT trunking like the Civic Center (which still appears to be running unlicensed using 453.3500 as one of the freqs).

chris

Ranger0034

I am only speculating here, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Hartford stadium goes the same route as Rensthchler Field in East Hartford, and they "choose" a Marcus Hytera trunked system, that cant be monitored.

WA1QWH

Let's hope not. I wish one of the companies would implement Hytera dmr compatibility in their scanners. I used to like listening to Rentschler on game days...

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

cg

Premium Subscriber
You can monitor it but not trunktrack it with DSDPlus. Nothing much to hear except for shortages of ice and when to close concessions down.

chris

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
I dont know what can be so exciting to monitor at either stadium, some very boring conversations there. Lol, if something major happens it will be on the hartford police and fire channels and any of the EMS companies, im not knocking someone listen to either but i cant see there being much activitiy. Lol

whsesupv

Premium Subscriber
I check weekly FCC license updates and have not seen anything come thru as of yet. A guess would be Mid May for License info with freqs.

MTACOP

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Xfinity theatre

Speaking of venues in Hartford, does anybody listen to the Xfinity Theatre frequencies? They look like radio to radio only, unless they have a repeater.

I see their frequencies but not CTCSS or tones.

MFCJR

Won't the soon to be upgrade to DMR from Whistler and Uniden work on that system?

cg

Premium Subscriber
Marcus does not do MotoTrbo, they use Hytera gear and Hytera XPT trunking. You can hear the XL Civic Center or Rentschler field running it. It is DMR Tier III so I would imagine the new scanners/upgrades will monitor it.
I wouldn't hold much stock in the emissions listed for the license, the Rentschler license is for analog voice. ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Trunked License - WPZP268 - Marcus Spectrum Holdings, LLC as is the XL Civic Center license ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Trunked License - WPMN394 - Marcus Spectrum Holdings, LLC
The XL also was on the unlicensed/expired 453.3500 frequency. I still hear the digital noise on it, Coventry PD must love that interference.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.