Have a thought.....want some guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerF18

Hey all,

So after a lot of input from everyone here, it sounds like there isn't a jack of all trades scanner that is good for MIL/CIVIL Airband/Local ATC and digital Phase 2 for my local fire/police. So I think what I want to do is keep my Icom R5 and PRO-89 for military and airband(since I have had very good luck with it) and get myself a descent digital scanner. Is that a smart and the best decision?
Let me know what you all think.....

Thanks again for all the help!

Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Since you've already invested in your current MilAir receivers and they are working well for you, this sounds like a well-reasoned approach. A current P25 phase II scanner might not work as well for MilAir as what you already own. Also, since MilAir transmissions tend to be short, better to commit a receiver to that task full-time.

John

ChargerF18

Since you've already invested in your current MilAir receivers and they are working well for you, this sounds like a well-reasoned approach. A current P25 phase II scanner might not work as well for MilAir as what you already own. Also, since MilAir transmissions tend to be short, better to commit a receiver to that task full-time.

John

Thanks for your input!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.