Hawthorne PD repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what's going on with the Hawthorne PD repeater? Seems like their receiver's CTCSS is turned off. I regularly hear Ossining, NY FD (tone outs only) and yesterday I heard mobiles traveling someplace on Route 17 talking back and forth to one another on 465.1125 direct. What radio shop maintains their system?

SCPD

QRT
I listened. I heard someone talking, but it was static. Other than that, it is OK. The cars tend to be quieter.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

I listen to them between 12-16 hours daily. The Ossining NY FD traffic issue has been going on for quite some time. The mobile to mobile issue I've heard only on a single occasion.

Today, I heard radio techs working on the system. So hopefully whatever was going on has now been resolved.

SCPD

QRT
The static I heard and some chatter had the same PL. 131.8 as Hawthorne NJ. Who knows.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Briarcliff Manor FD in Westchester runs a crossband repeater that repeats 46.2600 on that frequency. I have always heard them with PL turned off.

The CTCSS in my scanner is always on. The Westchester station was being repeated by Hawthorne's equipment for months. The problem seems to be over now; techs were heard working on the system last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.