• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

HBAL231

Status
Not open for further replies.

thom

Premium Subscriber
I am getting something emitting an ADSB signal off the south Maine coast that is at 53,200 feet with speed of 26 mph. My VR shows HBAL231 and BA1460, Unknown or unassigned country. WHAT??

Attachments

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Just last night, I monitored two HBAL designated balloons traveling in a southeasterly direction over upstate New York. They were traveling at 50 MPH at an altitude of 54,000 feet. Until I did some research, I thought I had a glitch on Virtual Radar Server.

Status
Not open for further replies.