Heard new talkgroup on opp brockville area(encrypted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was listening to my scanner a few minutes ago and tag number 16960 came up and it was Encrypted I have never seen this tag before come up anyone have any ideas what this may be??

radioman253

Premium Subscriber
re: fleetnet TG 16960 / PSR 500 question

heard that on the Whitby tower for a couple days in a row earlier this week.

Maybe someone can help me out on this one.... my uniden bc296d will display this TG and demod the encrypted audio, but my PSR500 will not (in trunk mode) !!
I am wondering if the PSR500 is not displaying activity for this TG because it is skipping over the encrypted TG. these 16xxx tgs are P25encrypted + DES
It does not do this for other encrypted TG's on fleetnet though. 9120 was encrypted the other day and when listening for all activity off a given tower using a "wildcard TG" (PSR500 terminology) I can hear the encrypted audio and see the TG displayed.
but for the 16xxx series (RCMP???) TGs the PSR will not display .or demod
I only noticed this because I have the Fleetnet tower site freqs programmed in conventional mode as well.

Encrypted audio comes through just fine on the Whitby tower site conventional channels (ie: 142.425 ) on the PSR 500 though.

Anyone else notice this????..

warrior420

I believe it is new CISO secure ch's. they always seem to pop up whn others are active. i actually have heard one clear transmission on that tg and it was the opp dispatcher running a plate. if you hold it on the tg and check radio id's you will get a sense of whats going on, teams of 2-5 radios with non stp talking back n forth, not too hard to figure out whats going on.

pkneeyahx

Human
that TG is always active off the Ottawa[Carlisle] tower. Been hearing it pop up on Kinburn lately.. haven't been home to get trunk88 running to log and tag the radio ids on it.. would be interesting to see if they pop on any other TGs.. would be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.