Hello from SW Ga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihornsby

Hello,
I'm new to the forum, I've used scanners since the late 70's. Ive only used analog scanners. Seems my County (Worth Co. Ga) has moved over to a digital system. Albany, Ga. (Dougherty Co Ga) Which is my closest city went digital about 5 years ago. So, I guess it's time to go digital. I'm looking to purchase a GRE PSR-800 Digital Scanner. I look forward to being a member here.
Thx guys,
D.L.

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
Not a bad place to be....I lived in Albany for a few years. The database here is good for your area. The digital stuff sounds good in Albany with a GRE PSR-500 and -800. I prefer the 800 with its recording capabilities.

If you need help with the 800, send a PM.

Welcome aboard!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

scannerboy01

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Welcome to the Radio Reference Forums, ihornsby.
You said that you have been using scanners since the 1970s. I'm guessing that you have looked at the GRECOM PSR-800 and you probably have noticed that it has no keypad. Since you've been using scanners since the 1970s, the fact that it has no normal keypad might seem a little strange to you. I've been in this hobby for about 3-4 years (listening to a live audio feed) and when I bought a digital scanner (this year), I definately wanted a keypad so I bought the PSR-500. Pretty much the only way to proram the PSR-800 is to use computer software. I like the PSR-500 because I can program it by hand (which I did) and take it with me so that I am not confined to listening in one area. So my recommendation is, if you want to listen in many different areas to buy the PSR-500 and if you want to listen one area the PSR-600 (the base version of the PSR-500).

Status
Not open for further replies.