Hello, I'm new here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevecolumbus

My name is Steve and I live in Columbus, Ohio USA. I recently got an AOR 8600 MK 2 B receiver and a SA 7000 antenna. Hooked it all up with the antenna on the roof, and it's working nicely. I'm somewhat of a novice in this hobby, but I did have an Icom R-100 receiver about 25 years ago, and I used it all the time. So far I've only listened to aircraft and a couple other things. I'm curious to see how this setup performs with medium wave. The old R-100 was great with it's seperate longwire antenna jack.

Well, just wanted to introduce myself. If anyone out there has any fun "projects" for me to try, then I'm all ears...

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
I use my scanners to help fill in info missing from the database. I set my scanner to scan frequencies that are missing tones and capture the info when someone keys up.

stevecolumbus

I do not know .I ment welcome back to the radio . It is a neat hobby .

Ok, and thank you.

I'd like to find a good magazine for the hobby, but I see that Bob Grove's "Monitoring Times" is no longer produced. But I did get a frequency guide for my area. So that's a start.

carcbradio

My name is Steve and I live in Columbus, Ohio USA. I recently got an AOR 8600 MK 2 B receiver and a SA 7000 antenna. Hooked it all up with the antenna on the roof, and it's working nicely. I'm somewhat of a novice in this hobby, but I did have an Icom R-100 receiver about 25 years ago, and I used it all the time. So far I've only listened to aircraft and a couple other things. I'm curious to see how this setup performs with medium wave. The old R-100 was great with it's seperate longwire antenna jack.

Well, just wanted to introduce myself. If anyone out there has any fun "projects" for me to try, then I'm all ears...

Hi! I live inDayton,Ohio. Nice to meet you Steve !

stevecolumbus

Hi, carcbradio. Thnx for the welcome. I will probably be away from the hobby for most of July. Our landlord is renovating the apartment, so we have to move out for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.