Help choosing a scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnniehrvy

Hi Guy I have been out of the scanner loop for a while, the last scanner I bought was a Radio Shack scanner right at the beginning of the digital era.
I have missed scanning so much and have been listening to feeds on my iPhone, but really want to get another scanner.
I have been reading a lot of good reviews about the Uniden BCD396XT. I have two questions I hope can get answered.

1. Is the Uniden BCD396XT a good scanner?
2. Are there two different variances of this scanner?

The reason I ask about the two different variances of this scanner is because I noticed Newegg.com has this scanner on their web site with two different prices.

Newegg.com - Uniden BCD396XT Compact Apco 25 Handheld Scanner

Newegg.com - Uniden BCD396XT Compact APCO 25 Handheld Scanner

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
IMHO the 396XT is the best scanner out there, and there is only one variation.
Remember Newegg is like Amazon and ebay. They just provide the site. They do not actually sell these items. That is why you will see a difference in prices/depending on the actual seller. I recommend Scannermaster.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Huh? That may be true about Newegg, but I bought my 396 from Amazon (not a Marketplace seller) and it's there now for a buck cheaper than Scannermaster.
For the two "Newegg" links above, one actually appears to be from Newegg itself (the second one listed). That price was $484.99, which is still over the current ScannerMaster price, but 'in range' with some of the other dealers online.

The first link price listed, @ $642.49, is from Shopping Warehouse, selling through Newegg's site. Newegg, like Amazon, both sells direct, and hosts other sellers products on their site. I've purchased some items from Newegg before, at a good price. These were direct from them, not one of their 'Partmers'. I tend to stick with Amazon itself as well. Often the 'Marketplace' sellers are either higher, or the savings vanish with shipping charges, plus non-specific delivery time promises.

Status
Not open for further replies.