Help find FD -Ladder 37 with unit 79 & 76 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvdet

about 0930 hrs this date - Ladder 37, Eng 76, chief? 79, responded to a school & or day care - food on stove - area of a Broadway & Franklin near Medow- or & main
called into FIRECOM
who is it - dont know what the freq range was did not see the scanner
its not in Bergen county - somewhere in NY/NJ metro area
cross post in NJ forum for maximum input thanks

jvdet

Yes! thanks clears up another thread I have - heard them 468.1875 link - seemsto be unlicense , but see the NJ thread other business in the NY area also pop up on occasion
thanks again

Alarms50

The question is "do they have authorization from Westchester County to use this frequency?". And if they do have authorization, it appears that they are operating outside of the authorization, because on this license 468.1875MHz is licensed only for Mobile use (MO), not Repeater (i.e.FB2).

And the correct spelling is Tarrytown.

ecps92

Being from Southern New England where Counties are on MAPS Only ;) , could it be the County did the EMS Licensing ? 2000 Units is a lot of radios.

And yes it's still ODD the other traffic being heard [Marine]

The question is "do they have authorization from Westchester County to use this frequency?". And if they do have authorization, it appears that they are operating outside of the authorization, because on this license 468.1875MHz is licensed only for Mobile use (MO), not Repeater (i.e.FB2).

And the correct spelling is Tarrytown.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
This has been posted about before, I don't know if they have specific authority to rebroadcast or got a wink wink type of arrangement. There have been numerous other Westchester Fire Companies that have refused to go on the trunking system unless they are allowed to rebroadcast on a simplex or repeater channel due to the expense and the personnel that are allowed on the trunking radios for their membership.( I know that in my agency the County requires a mobile radio for every portable put on the system) There are at least 4 that I know of, and there may be others. It was actually in the minuites of a meeting with the County and the Fire Chiefs some time back about allowing rebroadcast and or cross-banding on the trunked system. The County wanted to look over the rebroadcast design before allowing it.
To meet the MO type of operation, Tarrytown might be using a Mobile Repeater. Also I thought 468.1875 was one of the Med channel mobile freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.