help finding Police freq in data base

Status
Not open for further replies.

KS0JWS

ok Im new to my scanner ( BCD536HP) Im tring to get my local police (Saint Charles City in Saint Charles County MO.) I can get my county police and both my local and county Fire but I cant get or find information to get my city police.I have all the upgrades on my scanner so I should be able to listen any help would be great.

KS0JWS

i see a talkgroup

I see the talk group of 24170 for the saint charles police but I dont find any freq info to program am i missing something simple?

clbsquared

It's a P25 Phase 2 trunking system. You need to program the control channel frequencies as well as the talkgroup. It's not as simple as inputting a frequency. I wish I could help you further, but I'm unfamiliar with programming your particular scanner. The manual would be a good place to start. Or perhaps one of the Uniden threads on your particular model.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
That talk group belongs to a trunking system.
You will need to familiarize your self with how to program a trunking system into the scanner.
The software that comes with the scanner is pretty good. I like to use it. You can use that software to update the main RR database.
Theres a lot to learn when it comes to trunking and digital systems. Take your time and google and ask questions.
Lots of this stuff is posted here, on the internet and youtube.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
If St Charles "city" police uses the p25 system for the city at Lambert Airport you may not hear them from St Charles Co. I am sure that site only covers the area around the airport. Also the city is part of the MOSWIN system. Just FYI. Also, note that in St Charles the "county" sheriff is not a sheriff's dept. It is called St Charles County Police Department. I am sure there is better accreditation or something for that naming. Don't get the city and county's talk groups mixed up. Also make sure the city TG is not encrypted. All others are in the clear so I would think they are too.

jhmmcf

I think the following counties all went P-25 encrypted when the system was installed,St Charles,St Clair (ill),Jefferson,and St Louis County also St Louis city

Status
Not open for further replies.