help getting my scanner to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikerod1967

Premium Subscriber
i have a pro 528 that i cant seem to get it to work the right way
i have a list of freqs i put them in in order and try to get the talk groups to work and cant can anyone help

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
i have a pro 528 that i cant seem to get it to work the right way
i have a list of freqs i put them in in order and try to get the talk groups to work and cant can anyone help
Hi mikerod
Welcome to RadioReference.

In order to help you more specifically, please indicate what system(s) you are trying to program. Also, your location, city (or county) and state would get you a more complete answer.

mikerod1967

Premium Subscriber
Hi Steve. In in st lucie county Florida. Trying to program their public safety any help would be greatly appreciated I have a radio shack pro 528 it worked in the past but I let a friend use it and everything got deleted. And I tried reprogramming it but not having luck

N8IAA

Hi Steve. In in st lucie county Florida. Trying to program their public safety any help would be greatly appreciated I have a radio shack pro 528 it worked in the past but I let a friend use it and everything got deleted. And I tried reprogramming it but not having luck

Depends on how long your friend had the scanner. Your county went through rebanding, and the 528 doesn't support that anymore. It also appears that some of the conventional frequencies have migrated to P-25. Don't live in FL, so I can't really help.
Larry

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
'Rebanding' is well discussed here (links are in blue)

Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

And 'P25' stands for Project 25, a digital standard that's been adopted by many agencies in this and some other countries....

APCO Project 25 - The RadioReference Wiki

These definitions, and numerous others, are defined in our wiki-based glossary. Any member can view or edit it. Feel free to use it when you come up with a term you don't understand - our hobby, like many other technical hobbies, has a plethoria of tech terms that may be confusing at first

Mike

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
WhT does that mean rebanding. And. The p25 is
The St Lucie system, St Lucie County Public Safety Trunking System, Fort Pierce, Florida - Scanner Frequencies, has been, as noted above, rebanded.

However, that system shows as having two sites. Your Pro-528 would not work on the East site, since many of those frequencies are the product of rebanding.

On the other hand, the West site might be monitorable with your scanner, since all of the system frequencies have a 5 in the fourth decimal place. If that site is in range, you may be able to hear the talkgroups that are analog (look for the A in the mode column). Any talkgroup with a D is digital, and beyond the capabilities of your scanner.

Most of the listed conventional frequencies for your county appear to be analog (presuming the data is up to date). There is one channel used by the community college tagged as P25 (digital) that you cannot monitor, but the rest show as conventional, analog, channels.

mikerod1967

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for that info. WhT scanner that's not too expensive would be good to use I'm new here and only had the one scanner. The pro 528.

Status
Not open for further replies.